Register now to get rid of these ads!

Back after 15 months of hell

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dutchtreat, Dec 8, 2009.

1. dutchtreat

dutchtreat

I was off line for all this time because Verizon redid there system and my old mac wouldn't work on it. So got off Verizon and am now on Comcast . But that's nothing to what has been going on in my personal life. Last Sept(2008) my Mom past away, she was a WW2 combat nurse then this July my wife past away. I am starting to get over the pain and have turned to my long stagnant Rod project to help with the healing. I have decided to go with a '30-'31 closed cab Pu body instead of the '28 roadster PU I was building. That way I can drive it rain or shine 3 seasons out of the year here in Illinois. So I'm looking for a '30 - '31 closed cab Body only in the Illinois or Wis area.
    Dutchtreat

2. superbeeme

superbeeme
    from georgia

I'm sorry to hear of the loss you have suffered. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope you can find some comfort in your project, and welcome back.

3. parklane

parklane

Sorry to hear about your loss. I do know how you feel. My wife didn't pass away, but our 36 year old son was killed by a hit & run drunk driver just over a year ago. He left behind 2 young kids. The only plus in all this is that we are a lot more involved in thier young lives now.

4. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Welcome back Dutchtreat. Hope you find a cab and you can get some time onboard the HAMB too! My condolences to you...happier times ahead.

5. firemancooter

firemancooter

Sorry for your loss. Good luck on your project.

6. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

Sorry for your loss... welcome back.

Grab a beer and a wrench and get to it.

-Chris

7. billygoat67

billygoat67

sorry for your loss ,my prayers go out to you. welcome back

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Welcome back, man. Sorry for your loss.

9. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

my condolences that would put a hurt on anyone , spin the wrenches and hang out here , and show us how the project is coming together p/u s are cool

10. Sorry to hear of your losses. Time heals, dig into your project and keep busy. On a side note, I had some relatives just down the street from you in Sycamore, they recently passed. Sycamore and dekalb are great places. Post progress on your project

kgdb

11. dutchtreat

dutchtreat

Thanks guys and Gals that's why I'm back.

12. perfect! what he said

13. belair

belair

Glad you're back and getting going. Sorry for your losses.

14. popsracer

popsracer
    from Sacramento

So sorry to hear about the losses that you had to suffer. Welcome back!

15. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I can't imagine going through the pain you've suffered. Welcome back and hope your project will help with the healing.

Frank

16. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

Glad your back, I never lost a spouse but I suffered some pretty big losses back in 2005-2006. It left me with only a shell of who I used to be to say the least, it was the lowest point in my life!
    But then a GREAT friend forced me to go see my pontiac and I finally bought it, to make a long story short it was the only thing that got me out of bed and my mind off of everything that was making me loose it!
    This car saved me... some turn to religion, some to family, others to drugs. This was my way out and I am glad I had it to get me through.
    You WILL make it and your strong enough that your back here to tell us about it.
    Take care and keep us updated on the build.

Buzz Bomb

17. simplyconnected

simplyconnected

Sorry for your loss, and my prayers also go out to you and your family. I lost mom & dad over the past year and a half, but they were in their late 90's. A good, long run, but still, it's never easy. It's good you are deep in your labor of love. Hang tough, Dutch. Better times are on their way once you get past the grieving period. - Dave

18. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Lost my 38 year daughter this year, left two sweet girls, so understand what you are going through, hang in there, it gets better but never goes away