Register now to get rid of these ads!

baby got new shoes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Sep 3, 2003.

1. I am good at the big stuff. I love the math involved in putting a Mercury top back together or making the floor in my 34 look bone stock. I have sectioned and chopped a bunch of cars but when it comes to the cool-ass small finishing touches.... well, I suck. My friends have a better eye than I do and some are down right artists.

First off, I put disc brakes on this car because my 32 would dance all over the road when I slammed on the brakes and well, what the hell, who doesnt have 1940 Ford brakes? I thought my wife could just jump in it with her girlfriends and I wouldnt have to worry about some ass fucker in a Porsche SUV cutting her off and hitting the brakes. Well, with the dopey tires we like running on these cars the disc brakes didnt stop any faster than the 40 Ford drums (not the way I had them anyway) and honestly, I hated the way they looked. They had to go.

I was running red fuel lines (MoonEyes fire starters) which were replaced by brass hard lines. There are a ton of little things he did to it but you cant see much of it in the shots.

The car is chopped 3 inches and channeled 3 inches. I wanted this car to have softer lines than the hatchet jobs I have built in the past. I often go too low with the top or too deep with the floor so on this one I went for "less is more". I was pretty happy with how it all turned out but I needed a friend to come in and do all the cool little stuff. I'm not a good dancer either.

I dont own the best car in my town but I think it's the best one on my street.

Rudy Rodriguez did all that cool detail shit to my car and it has been a dream of mine to have him work on my hotrod since I was 10 years old. He's like the big brother I didnt have.

He thinks the internet is stupid and made me swear I wouldnt say he did it, or post pictures of it. Oh well. Sorry dude.

Attached Files:

2. new brakes

Attached Files:

3. plan9

plan9

[ QUOTE ]
    He thinks the internet is stupid and made me swear I wouldnt say he did it, or post pictures of it. Oh well. Sorry dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

poor, ignorant, old farts (assuming rudy is an old fart)

the ride looks pimp'n, perfect the way she sits. i remember seeing the pic of a rusted but clean shell. that was what, 3-4 months ago?

kickass...

4. Your car is completely bad azzzzz....and I can see it's only gonna get better with time. I'd say you nailed it..hard! When I grow up, I wanna 34 or preferably a 33 ford 3 winnder like yours with maybe an inch more outa the top....it's just lovely, I think.

5. Chuck R

Chuck R

You nailed the look. Got any more shots of your car.
    chuck

6. I have 2 years just in the frame and channel. project is on it's fourth year. I'm kinda slow.

Attached Files:

7. ass end. pan is a 37 ford coupe roof.

Attached Files:

8. plan9

plan9

its straight up, no 2 ways about it.

9. ..in my eyes..THats PERFECT...

Maybe a tiny little Faded Decal to the front Cowl Panel..but damn thats sweeet...Stance is spot on.

Maiki [​IMG]

10. Looks great, congrats thus far.

Cheers,

Drewfus

P.S. Rudy doesn't wanna play NET? thought he had a thicker skin than that.......

11. Your '34 is lookin just fine.... and who cares if it takes years to do, if it's done right in the end, its done right. I spent years fiddle fucking my way around my car till I had it just so, so I know what ya mean. The disc brakes had to go, and this is good. The old binders can be made to stop just fine. ...all in all a very sharp and very correct looking car my friend! Keep going! [​IMG]

12. fucken bitchin! looks way better with the 16's. car also photographs alot better from the rear now.... wonder why that is? hahahaha. looks good man. i'll call you later in the week so we can get a plan together for saturday.

13. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

[ QUOTE ]
    I dont own the best car in my town but I think it's the best one on my street.

[/ QUOTE ] Amen to that, Brother. I know the feeling.
    Nice coupe!

14. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Well, "nice coupe" is a way-understatement, but '34s are my dream cars, and you did yours up cherry. So: primer or paint, in the end?

15. Thats one kewl ride.Nuff said........Shiny

16. rodnkustom

rodnkustom

Looks like they fit great man! [​IMG]
    -peter

17. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Tire size and look are great! Good Job.

18. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Nuthin' wrong with THIS picture!

Kick-Ass Koupe, Dude!! [​IMG]

19. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Now thats a Hot Rod daddy!....Simply too fuckin' kool!..Dirty

20. Damn you car looks right on ......... I thought it was perfect B4 .

What tire sizes are you runnin?

I just started on my frame on Monday night.

21. peter, what the hell happened to you? mail me.

eyeball, I have 7.50's and 5.50's the are really big and take some getting used to. I will try to post some shots of my "way overbuilt" frame. I had this hair up my ass that my frame had to be original instead of repop. The welds are textbook and the whole thing is skimcoated and blocked and sprayed gloss black. I think I could have saved a ton of time and money (in the end) if I channeled it over a repop frame. Everyone thought I was building a show car but then I put that "rough" body on it.

The problem with letting Rudy work his magic is that the few things that are still wrong with it stick out like a sore thumb now!

22. rodnkustom

rodnkustom

Sent you one man, I've been engulfed in school! [​IMG]
    -peter

23. Crease

Crease

Low n loud

Help me out here. How did you get the grill so low without the radiator hoses interfering with the front cross member. Is it stock, chopped, how does she fit in there? Can you post some pics of that area?

Thanks,
    Crease

24. BELLM

BELLM

Now thats what a hot rod should look like. Put a flathead in it and take it back to the late 50s, park it next to a service station in a small town in central Texas , would take me back to when I was about 10 yrs old. A car that looked almost identical to yours bit me big time, been a hot rod freak ever since. Looks like a F-1 fender lurking in the second photo, how bout photos of that?
    Thanks, I enjoyed seeing your car. [​IMG]

25. Crease,
    the front cross member is stock but cut slightly in the front and the radiator is a shortened custom Walker and it runs cold all the time, even in the Valley.

This is my first hotrod with a 327. I have my reasons. Someday I will tell the story of me spending 4 days in Idaho Falls because of an 8BA water pump that died in my roadster in 1992..... good times.

26. I dunno man, I think it looks GAY
    [​IMG]

27. plan9

plan9

[ QUOTE ]
    I dunno man, I think it looks GAY
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

if thats what GAY IS, I WANT TO GAY AS FUCK!!