Register now to get rid of these ads!

B-Model Mack...cab worth saving?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john56h, Jun 16, 2008.

1. john56h

john56h

A buddy of mine has a 1957 B-Model Mack truck he plans on scrapping soon. Would it be worthwhile to save the cab for a possible hot-rod pickup project?

2. if not for a rod project, most certainly for a mack restorer. i dont know about your side of the world but there a are few blokes down here that i know that are into that kind of thing.
    my two cents are that most of the fittings (handles. guages and the like) that mack used are some of my favourite to look at and operate. we had some old macks and kws pass through where i worked and id go sit in them during my lunch breaks just to take it all in

3. NJRATRODER

NJRATRODER
    from NJ

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100&#37;" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">well hell yes ther a few done very nicely it is all ways better to save then crush
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

4. Robert gilbert

Robert gilbert
    from boston

i KNOW IF ITS GOOD THERE WORTH GOOD MONEY TO MACK TRUCK PEOPLE ID TRY TO SELL IT

5. Save the whole truck! There are many Mack restorer types that would want it, especially if it's a twin screw...

Joel

6. Ole Pork

Ole Pork

I saw a beautiful little flatbed 4x4 w/a model B body in Ohio a couple of years ago. NICE..... Don't scrap it . All of the parts have value .B models are in demand.....Ole Pork

7. ange 33

ange 33
    from over here

to the hard core mack guy the "B" model is the only model the rest is generic junk. as of 2004 the b (rb) macks no longer exist , volvo made a big mistake cutting that line! there lots of guys that restore this body style, most are trucking companies that have been around for many years. worth saving YES!!!!

8. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

wait a minute, the B model was replaced by the R model which was replaced by the CH. But anyway yeah SAVE THE B

9. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

I'm sure it would be worth something to a Mack restorer.

10. We actually sold one of those to a big truck guy a while back. The guys with the money to play with those, generally still have it crappy economy or not. I'd save it. Worst case, you can always part it out and scrap it later.

11. Chevy Gasser

Chevy Gasser

Gotta keep it. B model Macks are the classics of classics.

12. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

13. ange 33

ange 33
    from over here

your right about r model after the b model but the ch has been around since the 90`s