Ok, where am I here? Way behind my intended schedule for this heap, but there were more pressing events that took higher priority. Back to work now though. As alluded to above, I decided to take the bed apart so that it could get fixed properly. It fought me the whole way. It seems that in the past, the front of the floor, bed sides where the stake pockets are, and front panel rusted through. The previous owner welded in a big piece of sheet metal. However, he managed to weld it to the floor, the bed sides, the front panel; as well as welding the bed sides to the substructure. It took way longer than it should have to delicately cut everything apart. But now that it's apart, I've been stripping off 70 years worth of paint, as well as a liberal helping of bondo. I almost have everything to bare metal, then I'll turn my attention to the cab itself. I also got around to stripping the second door down to bare metal. It seems that I've really lucked out. Usually 32-34 doors are pretty rotted and require major reconstructive surgery. Out of both doors, this is the worst that has to be repaired. A little rot right at the bottom centre of the bead. Helps to counter balance the bed a little bit.