Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Ayala-Barris Jack Stewart 1941 Ford RESTORATION has started.

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Rikster, Aug 31, 2010.

1. R&C RON

R&C RON

Welcome back to the U.S. Rik.....See you friday!

2. banditomerc

banditomerc

Very nice....will be there saturday

3. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

Hi Craig..sorry to hear about your leg! hope it will be just fine again. we need to find a wheel chair for you! the show wont open untill your there!

we cant wait to be at the show.. and to talk to all the car guys coming in from all over the world

the weather is better over here Sondre ha ha..

see yah all
    palle

4. THANKS Palle.....have one of your staff take lots of pictures of all your SoCal travels and at the "GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH".....the GNRS!
    cw.

5. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

Craig..is there no way you can be here!? we will find a wheelchair for you!
    hope your getting better!
    i,ll pm my US phone #
    see you later next week no matter what!

all the best!

palle

6. Nu-B

Nu-B
    from Denver CO

7. Rikster

Rikster

The last couple of days have been like a roller coaster ride. Setting up the Jack Stewart Ford at the GNRS with the signs and large letter we copied from the 1951 Hot Rod Show and then wait for the people to come by and look at the car. The car looks amazing on the black carpet on its nice 20 x 20 feet display space were people can walk around the car to check it out.
    Thursday was a really great day when Jack visited and looked at the car and the Jack Stewart Ford book for the first time. It was wonderful to see the huge smile on his face when he walked towards the car and no doubt went back in his memory to 1951 wen he had just finished the car.
    It must have felt like coming home for him when he crawled behind the Mercury Monteray Steering wheel.
    There was a huge smile on Palle's face as well, mission completed so far.

The photo below was taken in the early stages when we were figuring out were to put the signs. The are now in a different location and not blocking the car anymore.

[​IMG]

Jack checking out the interior for the first time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jack behind the wheel of his old Custom Ford... it felt soo good he said, but getting in and out was a lot easier back in 1951 when I was 21 years.

[​IMG]

It was amazing to see Jack feel so good about the car.

[​IMG]

Jack also loved every bit about the Jack Stewart Ford book. It took him like 45 minutes to browse thru it and tell us stories about nearly every photo of his car. It was an absolutely amazing experience.

Here Per Webb (RPW) Jack and me are checking out the book and listening to Jacks fantastic detailed stories.

[​IMG]

Yesterday (Friday) Bob Drake from Indiana made it to the show and saw the car for the first time again since 2006 when he sold it. That was an emotional moment, Bob was so happy with the whole adventure and especially how the car looked now. It was also the first time ever Bob Drake and Jack Stewart got to meet each other. The talked for hours during the day.

Friday photos of the adventure will follow later.

We really missed Craig Whise (CW's40TPU) at the show. We had hoped so much to see him there and enjoy every bit of us. Craig is our internet contact with Jack and he has helped us a LOT over the last couple of years during this project. He is at home with an injured leg and can not make it out to the show... but after the show we will visit him and tell him all about this really fantastic trip

8. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So fucking cool. Kudos to you, Palle, and everyone involved in this incredible success story.

9. Amazing story. Will have to get one of those books for sure.

10. 55bird

55bird
    from Spokane WA

Wow, wow, wow. What a great reunion!

11. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

This, my friend, is what Hot Rodding is really all about:):)

I spent a lot of time admiring this car when it was in Ralph Whitworth's Winnemucca facility...tucked away in one of the back buildings waiting for someone to show it some love.
    I knew exactly whose car it was and most of the history and thought about how neat it would be to see it restored. Spent more than one sleepless night wishing it could be mine, never really thinking that much of anything would ever happen to it. It just did not seem to be high on the list in terms of significance.....

Never dreamed its future would be as bright as it is now.

You've done a good thing here, although I'm sure you know that.

The reunion with Mr.Stewart and his old ride is inspiring.

Thank you.

12. Great to see my old friend, Jack Stewart, reunited with his old car. You've captured a memorable piece of history, Palle. Thank you so much for sharing... :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

13. Rik & Palle......THANKS for your kind words.
    I would love to be with you guys & the JS 41 Kustom this weekend but I may have a torn my Achilles Tendon, very painful to walk so it's best to stay off my leg.
    I hope we can all get together after this show.......
    Cw.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  14. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Rik it was nice to see you agan.It was nice meeting Bob,Jack & Palle and seeing the car in person.Rok thanks for the book!

15. Rik and Palle it was super cool to get to meet you both in person. It was amazing getting to see the car. Great choice to leave it in bare metal. Palle I know you struggled with the decision of how to show it but I thought it was incredibly cool to be able to see all the work the Ayala's and Barris' did back in the day.

16. 4rod

4rod

what a great thread, and a cool reunion...thanks...what an incredible car

17. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

You guys are doing great things for the history of these old customs

18. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

By far my favorite custom of all time, really enjoyed talking to Jack and the inside stories of the car., I was blown away of the picture of Jack at the swapmeet, what a time warp, I remembered how he always hung his deuce grill shells on the fence, I was just a kid then when I went to my first L.A. Roaster Show.Thanks Rik, this moment really made my day, it was great seeing you there.

19. R&C RON

R&C RON

The Roadster Show was Spectacular this year , but the highlight for me was seeing the Jack Stewart Custom and getting my autographed book from Rik!
    The icing on the cake was spending time with the boys from Denmark/Sweden/Netherlands , what a great group! These guys know as much about American Customs and Hot Rods as anybody in the states and really have a passion for the hobby!
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Satans Angels , Johnny D. and our new friends.

20. Hi Ron
    You are not the only one, who enjoyed the company, and thanks for the pizza and beer. Say hi to your wife and the guys.
    Lars

21. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

It was a great experience to see this ride and to talk to jack about the car and how much it meant to him. He is a very nice man and will answer any question you have. The book is amazing Rik and seeing this ride and the work that was done made this GNRS one of the best

22. Great meeting you all at GNRS (Was behind you - the flaked 33 coupe) Great car and excellent book - read about 40% of it so far

Thanks!

23. zep058

zep058

What a great shot! Congratulations on your adventure getting the car there and Jack spending time with it again.

24. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I was so glad to witness this piece of history. I told Rik Hoving that I don't need anything else.........I have my car in the same building as the Jack Stewart car.

25. ausbuick

ausbuick

well palle any progress? or is it all on the caddy?
    cheers darren

26. Jerry_Rolls&Pleats

Jerry_Rolls&Pleats
    from Europe

In the new issue of Rolls & Pleats (#39), photos taken at the GNRS by Stephan Szantai:

[​IMG][​IMG]

27. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

Still alive!
    Darren the car is on its way back here to be finnished!

and the cadillac will be here on may 10, and i will start working on it. more about that later!

Jerry thanks!...why dont you just come up here! i have a cold beer! ha ha..

palle

28. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I want to congradulate my friend Palle on an outstanding layout of the Jack Stewart kustom in issue #59 The Rodders Journal.

29. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

Thanks Skip..same to you guys! this is truly the best issue ever. I am proud to have my car in that Magazine!
    Amazing pics of both cars, and Pat Ganahl is the man!

have a nice weekend!

-Palle

30. CONGRATULATIONS again Palle.....Jack called me yesterday to tell me about the little story #59 TRJ has on his ol'KUSTOM.....WOW.......15 PAGES!!