Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Ayala-Barris Jack Stewart 1941 Ford RESTORATION has started.

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Rikster, Aug 31, 2010.

1. That is great news Palle I can't wait to see this car in person!! It is extra cool that you have left it unpainted so everyone can see the incredible work the Ayala bros. and Barris bros. did on this car.

2. great news Palle, wish I could make it down to see the JS Ford in person....

3. Rikster

Rikster

After some very much unwanted delays at US Customs the Jack Stewart Ford was finally
    released and is now save at the Rinkens (Shipper) warehouse.

Today (Wednesday, its already Wednesday here in Europe) it will be delivered at Martinez
    Industries Co. shop. There David Martinez will will be taking good care of the car and gets
    it ready for the GNRS with the last details and sanding the body smooth for a nice shiny look.
    The car has been on the ocean for about 4 weeks in salty air. And it looks like it has no
    surface rust at all.
    The Jack Stewart Ford books for the GNRS were boxed and stored inside and outside the
    car in the container to make the trip.
    Only a couple more days before we Palle Johansen, Tim Kirkegaard, Per Webb and myself are leaving
    for LA...

Photo taken inside the CFR Rinkens warehouse
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  4. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

thanks Rik!
    yep this Eastwood afterblast worked perfect..i did expect some surface rust!

see you all soon!
    -palle

5. Happy to hear it has cleared customs and looks damn good and ready for Martinez stitching

6. Rikster

Rikster

Martinez will not be doing the stitching. The interior was restored in Denmark by Morten Høybye before the car was shipped.
    Martinez Industries Co. will be prepping the car for the show and after that do the final body work, have it painted and do the final assembly.

7. 'Mo

'Mo

Any words on how that amazing hood was formed?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  8. ausbuick

ausbuick

I bet you can sleep now Palle knowing that she's in good hands now.
    Cheers Darren

9. That's GREAT NEWS!
    See you guys soon........

10. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

Thanks..cant wait Craig!
    i am sure Jack is ready too!
    -palle

11. 4woody

4woody

Can't wait to see it at the show!

12. Hey Palle, after the fantastic work you did you deserve only the best treatment at the show, think you must be jittery, or? :D it would be interesting if you could arrange a live link about your heart frequency to the H.A.M.B.? :rolleyes:

we're all with you!

Regards, Carsten

13. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

Thanks again for the kind words..your right Carsten..my heartbeat is faster than normal!
    but now that the car is on its way to David..and set free from customs, i feel better!

pictures from the show for sure..
    palle

14. Rikster

Rikster

And after a long wait the Jack Stewart Ford and the books finally arrive at David Martinez his shop.
    The rear of the car was raised before the journey to make it easier to maneuver in and out of the container, and now on and off the truck.
    David will be working hard to get everything as good as possible for the GNRS. And most of all for Jack Stewart himself who will be reunited with his dream custom from 1951.

[​IMG]

15. Amoros

Amoros

The pictures on the first post are gone except for 2. would help to see its progress if you could find them and repost.

16. Rikster

Rikster

The problem is with the host of the photo site. According to their message they suffered a lot of damage during the flooding of storm Sandy. They should come back up ... but they did not give a time frame. Nothing I can do about it now, very aggravating though.

17. Amoros

Amoros

Didn't realize. thanks for the update.

18. R&C RON

R&C RON

Looking forward to seeing all of you and the car next week, also very excited to know the finished car will debut at our Santa Maria show!

19. YES SIR Palle.....Jack is a little nervous about meeting his ol'girl friend again, he's having some trouble sleeping at night!

20. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

Hi Ron..we will be ready for the show..it will be awesome to show the car, at that show..
    Craig..tell Jack to get some rest!..
    seeyah all soon!

palle

21. banditomerc

banditomerc

Palle,its gonna be great to see all your preservation work in person.hope to meet you at GNRS.

22. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

I am leaving home in 3 hours...

the JS car is in good hands. David Martinez painted the dash. Billy Crewl mixed the paint!
    i found a paint chip on the inside of the door..cut it out, and mailed it to Martinez.

heres the results..

hope to meet you all at the GNRS

-palle

[​IMG]

1951..B/W though

[​IMG]

23. Oh Palle I CANNOT wait to see this car in person this week!!!!

24. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

lets have a cold beer while kickin it haha..i cant either!

25. Safe travels, Palle. Say 'hi' to Jack for me please; haven't seen him in more than 30 years...

26. Palle, Jack came by the house today, he will be there on Thursday for setup. I don't think I will be there for the show, injured left leg last Friday, very hard to walk with one leg!......cw. :-( :-( :-( !!! Very NICE color on the dash.

27. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

The dash looks and interior looks smashing Palle...man I wish I could attend the show and check it out!! Have fun!

28. devilscustom

devilscustom
    from Sweden

29. Rikster

Rikster

We made it to LA... tomorrow we will be heading for David Martinez Shop to see the result of his work in person. We cannot wait.