Register now to get rid of these ads!

Axle, Spring Identification help needed.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustm52, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Kustm52

Kustm52

Still dragging junk home for the truck project...found this axle/spring assembly yesterday. It was under a '46 Ford coupe, old gasser style, that got rodded...it had a killer stance, nose all up in the air....shoulda been left alone, but that's another story.

I'm new to all this ford suspension stuff...bu I'm learning. A '46 would not have had the spring on top of the axle, correct? Any guess as to what year assembly this is? And the drums and brakes assemblies...???

The wishbone was rather crudely split...check out the adaptation of tie rod ends. And somebody was hammering this down the strip back when with a 429 and a 4-spd....DEATH ROD!!! Also there was a chunk of 1" thick by 2" wide steel on top of the spring to get the nose even higher...

Even came with a set of Aluminium slots...and dry rotted Mickey thompson tires. Anybody got two more slots laying around 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And did I mention the best part? It was free......sometimes you just have to ask.

Brian

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

Its an A axle with 39-48 brakes

3. stevenjerk

stevenjerk

you forgot to mention very fucked over wishbones

4. Kustm52

Kustm52

Yes, but they are equally fucked over wishbones....! You've got to realize, there are NO old ford parts in this area...or none that I have found in six months of digging around. I'm sure there's some restorer type somewhere close that has a barn full of the good stuff...but I haven't found it yet. Hell, I'm down to looking through backyards and barnyards for old trailers that might have ford axles under them....

So, yeah I was a little excited about finding this....just needs a little work that's all.....!

Brian