Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Av8 quickchange

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by lodaddyo, Mar 17, 2018.

1. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

Im not at home to measure all this so i thought i would ask while im sitting here at work daydreaming
    I have my av8 chassis already built. Running a 35 rear with a 40 driveshaft. Driveshaft and torque tube are already cut, fit welded and in the car. When i pull the rear end out to build my quickchange (rodsville). Will have to alter the torque tube and driveshaft or will it bolt right in?
    I tried to search but no luck.
    Thanks guys

2. sdroadster

sdroadster

The torque tube will bolt up. In terms of the driveshaft, some pinions are 10 spline, and some are 6. Speedway sells a conversion coupler 10 to 6 if you need it.

lodaddyo likes this.
  3. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

The rodsville lower shaft is 6 spline and my driveshaft is 6 spline so im good there. Thanks for the help! That makes me feel a little better

4. sdroadster

sdroadster

Now I've got a question for you. I see you welded the Model A spring perches to the axle housing. I there a seal in that area, and how likely is it to burn from the welding heat?? I have a complete 40 rear end I have saved, and will be installing Model A perches soon. I don't want to disassembling the rear end if not necessary.

5. jimvette59

jimvette59

Don't use the weld on perches . Use the bolt on . JMO

6. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

The axle seal is further in the tube than where you will be welding. I think you will be fine. You could just weld a little at a time and let cool just to be safe