Register now to get rid of these ads!

AV8 Hop Up: 5 Speed + Flathead = Performance (Fresh Updates 7th Dec)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Psychobilly Boi, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Wow, they hit you for that tailshaft! I await the full analysis road test report. Should be a whole new and way better car to drive.

2. Tailshaft and slip yoke. I know, I'm not happy about it either but whats done is done.

Danny

3. They can at the local brothel.

4. :eek:

5. They charge you ?

=]

6. When you're the customer they do....

7. wow, awesome post.

8. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

Got a nice suprise when you get home sicko boi...
    Got a bug up my ass and went nuts making a torque strut type thing, to save the poor little rear wishbones from dans monster right foot.:D
    dan will do the pics, thats his job.
    Steering uni should be here tommorow morning.
    As will my new 32 truck! well new to me. anyone got a rusty 32 5w sittin out the back paddock they wanna donate?
    Ill do a post on it tommorow when its here.

9. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

About that steering uni...its no wonder it was flogged out, it was supporting the whole column...there is nothing else locating the steering wheel on this thing! well there wasnt, but thanks to the hicks at rancho deluxe it now has a lower column bush and a shaft clamp that actually locates the base of the column to the floor...free floating columns arent cool.
    Dan, if we ever see the fuck who built this thing at a swap meet...dont point him out...im likely to "explain my greivances in a physical manner"

10. I,m looking forward to the next picture show.

Good pickup on the steering column lowsquire.

Binga

11. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

Lookin good guys, you gonna have this at phillip island danny??

12. Lowsquire, I had a similar experience with a column in the RPU I did for a guy. He supplied me with a nice new polished s/s column and Bell 3 spoke style wheel made by a reputable guy in QLD. Had nylon bushes top and bottom but nothing to stop the shaft from sliding up and down (????!!!!!). I said for the $ this thing should be perfect and when the customer quizzed the column maker he was told that that's how they do it and the steering unis hold everything in place(!!!!). My customer has since machined a groove top and bottom to take circlips. It's another of those WTF situations.

13. ...valued customer.

14. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

C'mon girls get back into it

15. Hi Guys,

I had the xmass - new years period off and took the chance to get as far away from computers as I could. Lowsquires i-Book doesnt count, Apples are accessories, not computers!

So this is where it stands at the moment: the hard work is done, with a few little bits and pieces to go to finish the job successfully. A floor needs to be added and new carpet laid down, the shifter needs to be lopped off and the new one welded in place etc. I'll post some more pics when I get the chance.

Danny

16. Cool work Danny, looked good when i saw here the other day!

I'll pop in Sat to see the latest, (and grab my calander hopefully!).

Did Cory get his flathead back in?

=]

17. Hey MaiKiKi,

The things drives like a completly different machine, it sits on 1950rpm @ 100kmh and acceleration is great in the first three gears.

Whats the deal with the calender?

Corey got his motor in but had some trouble with the throw out bearing. I think he might be at the end of his teather!

Danny

18. Hehe, If ben remembered to pick up my calander off Peddro! =]

Have to take me for a spin dude!

=]

19. Hi Mate,

Dont know for sure but I didnt see any extra posters at our place?

I'm up for a spin any time, just let me know when you were free. The photo shoot with Sam was very very nice to look at as well. It was like my own private Winky Tiki party in the garage!

Dan

20. When do we get to see the pics;) :D

Binga

21. I get to see them first hopefully..mwu haha.

=]

Attached Files:

22. Hi Guys,

Well, lets just say that not only was Sam stunning, so was their taste in hot rods.

Getting the Model Magnet (tm) prepped...
    [​IMG]

Ohhh, its getting close I can FEEEEEEEL it.
    [​IMG]

Its a tough tough life, but when I'm not helping eye candy get into thier corsets ("oh Danny, this rubber dress is much to tight, I insist you rub me down with baby oil") I like to relax by standing around and just appreciating what a good looking car I have and such an attractive garage too.
    [​IMG]

ps. for what it's worth, I think Sam's blond friend was my personal favorite and the image of those two spanking each other will live inside of me for ever.

Danny

23. 55olds88

55olds88

where image ???
    What were the pics being taken for ?
    Have any of you fella's posted Kustom Nats pics ? Peddro was talking to me while in transit here in AKL yesterday and assured me someone would have some pics up ???

24. flatoz

flatoz

looking good dan, and the cars not bad either!

sam, I took some pics, but pretty bare to be honest. as in, seen most of it before. I'm sure I missed some stuff as I wasnt there all day will get some up tonight when I get home.

25. 55olds88

55olds88

cool, Wayne reckoned it was a busy weekend.

26. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

I know this is an old post, but I'm kicking it up anyway. Don't you Aussies know that if it ain't American made, it ain't a hotrod?!:D

Actually, I love the fact that there is a good cheap option to the T-5, and stronger to boot! Great tech thread!

Which tranny did you use? I read every post, and I either didn't see it, or it's not in here. I'm looking at using the W58, and wondered if anyone down under was running one? Any issues I should be aware of? Thanks.

27. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

The supra gear box clan members are:
    Flatoz
    Rat Bastard
    Low Squire
    Psychobilly Boi
    Oz Rat - not running yet.

They might have all the info you need.

T5 Vs Supra - I guess its all about shifter placement ;)

28. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Thanks!

I show several models, with different ratios, so I thought I'd find out if one was better/stronger than others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_W_transmission

Looks like in addition to shifter placement, that they are stronger than the T-5's.