Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical AV8 Firewall Mounted Electric Fuel Pump

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Richard Reed, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Richard Reed

Richard Reed
    from Maine

30` Model A using original fuel tank. I want to mount an electric fuel pump on the firewall, then the fuel pressure regulator/with pressure gauge, then to the 2 port fuel block to run 2 Stromburg 97s. If I mount the fuel pump on the frame, it means running 2 lines(which is not a problem) but it will be close to the exhaust system. I do not think the gravity system will work reliably as the fuel gets lower and when going up hills. My question is, will the firewall setup work and if not, what would be the most serious problem(if there is any) to contend with? For extra info, I have a fuel filter in the tank and the one in the sediment bowl. I would come off the sediment bowl with a 90 degree elbow to the fuel pump and you know the rest of the story.

2. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

What are you running for a motor, you never mentioned.

I have a flathead and run the stock fuel pump. Line from the tank, into the stock pump with a sediment bowl and out to the carbs.

I was if the same mind set that the gravity system wasn’t going to cut it with two carbs and a 276” flathead.

Cliff Ramsdell

3. Richard Reed

Richard Reed
    from Maine

I have a 49` 59A with the 2 97s on a Offenhauser aluminum intake.

Cliff Ramsdell and dsiddons like this.
  4. dsiddons

dsiddons
    from Indiana

Run stock fuel pump! Works great with the stock tank.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Cliff Ramsdell likes this.