Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Automotive Paint Display Models

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CharlieLed, Feb 9, 2009.

1. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

At most body shop supply houses and especially at car shows you see these plastic "cars" that are painted in the colors offered by the paint vendor. These display models are very nice tools to show how the paint looks over various curves and contours...much nicer than just a paint "chip". I have asked everyone I have come in contact with at these shops and show booths where to get these plastic car-shaped models...everyone shrugs. Does anyone here have a source for these models? I could post a pic if someone needs one to know what I am talking about...thanks.

2. Paint

Paint

3. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

Thanks Paint, I have contacted Startech and hope to have an order placed tomorrow.

4. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

5. Ironic? I have one of the tin ones from PPG that I started laying a yellow multi fade on last night!

6. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

Thanks for all the responses, it was a big help. I may have been able to find them on my own had I known that they were called "speed bodies"...learn something new every day. Well I have a hundred of them on order so it anyone needs a couple I'd be happy to share.

7. sik_kreations

sik_kreations