Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Automatic or Straight drive?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 15, 2019.

1. Tri-power37

Tri-power37

Changed my 37 Chevy from a automatic to standard transmission and completely changed the feel of the car. I love driving the car so much better now. Did you ever notice when a hot rod races by it sounds better when it’s changing gears through a standard transmission? That’s because it is better!

classiccarjack and 31hotrodguy like this.
  2. 6sally6

6sally6

You should drink coffee through a straw........problem solved!!:rolleyes:

3. 6sally6

6sally6

I learned a while bad to put that hoss in neutral at the lights and always in bumper-to-bumper mess. Hold it with the brake... light change...in with clutch and the fun starts again! Soft diaphram clutch too.
    6sally6

4. <T-5. Never owned an automatic in my 50 years of driving. :eek::D

LAROKE and lothiandon1940 like this.
  5. spanners

spanners

'Back in the day', I used to drive my cab- over Kenworth with 13 speed Roadranger while eating a truckstop hamburger. Melbourne to Sydney 'overnighting it'. Just hold the steering wheel with the beer-gut and 1 hand on the gearshift and one to hold the 'burger.
    30 years later my wife is amazed I can eat a 'burger 1 handed and hardly spill any. Unless I'm wearing a clean shirt which we all know is a food magnet.

dirty old man, Montana1 and LAROKE like this.
  6. 4 speed because I'm not secure enough to let a transmission shift for me!

Deuces likes this.
  7. Deuces

Deuces

Enough said!..... 4RDR_WHT_NP_1280_grande.jpg

OLSKOOL57 likes this.
  8. Just wish I was smart enough and wealthy enough to install a T5 in place of my 3spd and keep the torque tube. My 1950 Buick "stealth hot rod".

Ben

Deuces likes this.