Register now to get rid of these ads!

Australian Hot Rod Reunion-Thank you

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LittleMissDago, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Firstly I would like to thank my parents Charlie & Debbie and my sister and brother-in-law, Tracey & Chad Williams for their assistance over the past couple of months and on the day/night, it would have not been possible without you!
    And to Geoff Blake for being by my side supporting me, it meant the world to me so thank you also!
    For all their help leading up to and on the day/night, I would like to thank: Alan & Heather Burgess, Rusty Gregory & Kathy Andrew, Garry Gregory, Joe Zammit, Tony Sant, Iain & Debbie Leitch, Joseph Rodriquez, Nick Mastromauro, Ronnie DeBiasi, Leanne Falzon and John Beer. And to Macquarie Towns HRC for lending us their BBQ!
    For their kind donations towards the event I would like to thank: Shannons Insurance, Dragster Australia, Blake Family Racing, Roadrunner Models, Chad & Tracey Williams, Bob Millburn, Rhonda & Melissa Macculloch and Minchinbury Party Hire.
    Special thanks to Gunter Frohreich for all the stickers and banners, they are awesome and are greatly appreciated.
    For donating their time, cars and of course fuel: Blake family Racing, George Bukureshliev & crew, Ross Preen & family, Graeme & Wendy Cowin and Shane Corr & crew. The cacklefest was AWESOME :)
    Simon Telford & Peter Bateman and Steve Thomas for their photography etc.
    Thank you to all who brought their photos, films and memorabilia to display. And also to those who traveled long distances!
    Thank you to all who attended, I hope you all had a good night. If it wasn't for everyone's support the night would not happen. Tickets sold very well and I was still getting phone calls on the day, it was crazy!
    I'm truly sorry if I have forgotten anyone, I do not mean it at all. My mind is still going 100mph!
    If I did not get to talk to you on the night then I am really sorry as i tried my best to say hi to everyone. If you happen to see me somewhere, please come up and say hi so I can put names to faces.
    if it wasn't for the Hot Rodders and Drag Racers themselves we would not have a reason to celebrate in the first place so thank you also.
    I have made so many friends and met so many people that I never thought I would and it is an absolute honour to know you all.
    I would like to say a special thank you to George Bukureshliev for giving me the opportunity to sit in 'Scorcher' while it was cackling, I still can't believe that it happened. It was an absolutely amazing experience and meant alot to me. Wow what an honour :)
    Finally thank you to every single one of you, we raised well over $3500 to donate to the Cancer Council.
    Regards Corrine Falzon :)
    PS If anyone has photos that they can post, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm to busy on the night and always forget :( Thanks again

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  2. Chevy

Chevy

G'day Corrine, had a great time, the 'Cackle Fest' was awesome.
    Thanks again
    Chevy....

3. GRIFF

GRIFF

A great night! I'll throw up some pics tomo Corrine. I also have a disc of images for you, Facebook me your mailing address and I'll send it out.

4. Retroline

Retroline

Corrine, The night would not happen without you. Give yourself some credit for a job well done. A great night!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Retroline

Retroline

A few more shots. Hope somebody got some good ones.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. peter johnson

peter johnson

Corrine,you should be very proud!

7. GRIFF

GRIFF

8. sololobo

sololobo

It is obvious this person rocked at making this gig happen. I wish I could have joined you. Women in hotrodding rules! More please!! Your U.S.A. fan ~Sololobo~

9. bobhoneybrook

bobhoneybrook

This young lady did a magnificent job at making this night one to remember, her familys support for her is amazing. The next Reunion will be even better. Stand tall and proud Corrine, a job well done, Congratulations.

10. Corrine is an amazing young lady and all of us are incredibly proud to be able to say that we are her friends.
    Click on the link below and, hopefully, it will take you to a shot of Corrine in the seat of the cackling 'Scorcher'. (I can't get it to show here from my Facebook page...any suggestions???) Hope it works.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=200457&l=c144c23536&id=100000643294040

Cheers,

Steve.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  11. Retroline

Retroline

12. Thanks Retroline. How did it work for you and not for me? Let me know, so I can post more shots from Facebok here, without having to put them on my outdated website first.

Thanks, mate. Cheers.

13. Thanks so much EVERYONE for the nice comments, it truly means alot :)
    I'm so glad everyone had a great night, that's what makes me happy!
    Although it is quite stressful leading up to the event is totally worth it in the end. I like seeing the smiles on peoples faces as they talk about the old days :D
    Hot Rodding and Drag Racing is in my blood and as you can tell I love the history of it all :)
    Simon will send you my address asap, thanks heaps :)
    Steve & Bob it is an honour to call you my friends :)
    Thanks again everyone, totally worth it :D

14. Thanks Corrine, I had a great time as usual, It gives me a kick in the pants to get my Coupe done. It'll definately be there at the next one. The Cacklefest was a fantastic surprise as I didn't know it was happenning until I got there, (late again). Thanks for your hard work & everyone else involved.

cheers

Bob

15. QQMOON

QQMOON

The smell of NITRO the the smell of bangers and onions the sound of laughter and and the Cackle of a HEMI on NITRO

What a Top Night

QQ

16. bobhoneybrook

bobhoneybrook

Corrine, the best smile on the night was on your face when the Scorcher was running on Nitro with you in the chair. That was a sight to behold. The Cackle Fest was the best sound heard in Castlereagh since April 1984.

17. When the Scorcher fired up - I thought to myself, how can anyone - not be into this.

It was blinding-literally, & the sound plus shockwaves from the ground & the oxygen being sucked out of the air, how can you explain that when co workers asked me what I did on the weekend.

18. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the kind words guys, I am very proud of my little girl she did a wonderfull job.
    Solobo, you are welcome to attend our next gig, you have two years to save up for it lol. :D
    Cheers Dago.

19. Bob that smile is still on my face lol
    Thanks Dad, you're too kind:) It really means alot to me tto hear all these kind words, especially from my father but sorry Dad I'm not your little girl anymore lol