Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Austin Speed Shop - RoadFarmer 1955 Chevy Gasser Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Kail, Oct 22, 2013.

1. slammed

slammed

"This one goes to eleven" Gorgeous finish.

2. 55Belairman

55Belairman

What a great looking 55. I can't wait to a video of it tearing up the track.

3. Todd553

Todd553

Great vibe. Awesome!

4. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am SO happy to hear that you actually want to DRIVE the '55 above 55 mph. The O.D. is only appropriate and ingenius. I saw your car when it was still at the old location. Kail is so talented. Good luck. P.S. My '32 Highboy is cooler.......................................Oh, shit. HERE COMES THE FLACK ! ! ! Just kiddin'.

5. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I normally like things dark and sinister . But back in 1968 I was 13 and at my 1st world of wheels show in Milwaukee Wi and front and center was a 55 chevy , candy apple red with every pant trick known to man! Blown big block , roll cage, straight axle, What was not painted was chrome , including the big block! It had a name in gold leaf on the side, but I can't recall it. All I know it was loud and scarey just sitting there like Frankenstien on four wheels. God I loved that car!!! Thanks for building such a time machine! It reminds me why I have been an over the top car nut most of my 60 years on earth!!! Great job! Can not wait to see it finihed Larry

loudbang likes this.
  6. Well I do ya want me to say something ugly about him? :rolleyes: :D

Here's the deal with Jesse the way that I see it, Jesse is just Jesse. You either like him the way that he is or you don't. If you do well good for you and if you don't there is still enough talent and good people that you can like at the Austin Speed Shop that you should be able to overlook him and deal with the people who you can like. ;)

Oh an all the drama aside damned good looking Chebby. If it runs half as good as it looks you got a winner on your hands.

Roadfarmer,
    Pretty easy to pic nits on any old car, even the techs do it. First one has to decide when back in the day was then get a rule book out and see what one could get away with. Racing is not always about the rules or breaking the rules but finding loopholes in the rules that give you an advantage.

Then when one is discussing back in the day one must decide what sanctioning body is being used and if the car was a match bash car or an everyday race car. From what I have been led to understand for example some sanctioning bodies allowed alcohol to be run in gas class. Well now that doesn't even sound right to a 5th grader does it, but that is what some sanctioning bodies allowed from what I have been told.

Anyway if you want to know and build something period correct the easiest and best way to do that is to find a rule book and go from there. otherwise build your car and run it if you can or intend to and if you can't or don't build it and drive it.

We're good with this explanation? or do I need to take a different tack.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    FlyFisher likes this.
  7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

TUKI for President!!!! FOS FTW!

RoadFarmer likes this.
  8. That finish is nuts! Great tribute!!!!!!!!!!!

9. rockfish

rockfish

Road Farmer, In my humble opinion you're building the perfect car. A '55 or '56 post gasser is the one "must have some day" car on my bucket list. There's other cars I like but I've gotta have a '55 gasser someday. Great choice with the overdrive tranny and the disc brakes.

Maybe it's because I was a young kid when the panel painting was popular but I've never been able to figure out why something that looks like it could have been created by someone on acid can look so damn COOL! It absolutely looks perfectly at home on the roof and is a nice tribute to your grandfather. I love that there is nothing subtle about your car. It's just totally bad ass and it's not trying to hide that. Home run. If it ever goes missing dont come looking in Wisconsin :cool:.

deto likes this.
  10. 58 pro ford

58 pro ford

Building a 55 gasser myself. Subscribed for ideas!looks awesome!

11. Little update....Travis is completely done now.....should be on its way back to Austin soon
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1441596098.330668.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1441596237.334411.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1441596292.759599.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1441596322.394631.jpg

Attached Files:

12. Just stunning! Can not take my eyes off it! PERFECTION !!

13. brut4s

brut4s

Now that right there is BITCHIN!!

14. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Now comes the hard part..getting it back together with out messing the paint up!!

15. That paint job is better than sliced cheese......

loudbang likes this.
  16. Anderson

Anderson

The eagle has landed and assembly begun.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1443567743.159416.jpg

D-Russ, brut4s, traffic61 and 10 others like this.
  17. 55 gasser pickup

55 gasser pickup
    from utah

18. T-DeWitt

T-DeWitt

This car is going to be a Bad Bitch!!!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. Totally awesome paint along with some great lettering, in my book all Gasser should have some kind of cool paint along with a neat name and cubic's with the class they are running. It will be great to see the car in full completion when your done !!!!!!!

JohnJoyo likes this.
  20. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I saw the car in person yesterday morning while Eric was assembling it.. That paint is perfection! The shading in the lettering on its own is amazing.

That first rock chip is going to suck like a bitch!

21. belair

belair

I see 3 Window Larry is in charge of frame acquisition. Stunning paint.

3wLarry likes this.
  22. Don't even talk about it :( haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. HelmuthBrothers

HelmuthBrothers
    from New Jersey

Can't wait for updates on this one.

24. Anderson

Anderson

I went ahead and chunked a wrench at it today just to get it over with

TexasSpeed likes this.

25. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anderson likes this.
  26. deto

deto

Bahahahah! One of my favorite Michael Scott moments! Damn you toby!

27. Anderson

Anderson

Made some really good progress this week. The suspension is back under it, it's plumbed, engine and trans are in, radiator is on etc. The headers will be getting a "professional" polishing next week. There's still plenty of stuff left to bolt on, plus wiring, then it will be off to Phil Cato for interior.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1443734240.530578.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1443734284.125783.jpg

28. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Is Steven still looking for some unpolished mag wheels for the front?

29. Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk