So with a potentially huge temper fit and driveway meltdown averted, we went back to the job at hand. After all the lifters, rocker seats, push rods and shaft rockers were installed, we popped the supercharger intake back in place. Then we dropped the valve covers on and discovered I had jumped the gun earlier when I claimed we would no longer need the spacers with this new valve train. My mistake was dropping them on with all the rockers just sitting there relaxed (plenty of room for that scenario). But now with the rockers actually in action, we discovered they hit the covers at the top of their travel AND... that is not all! After dropping the spacer back in place we found the back of the intake rockers were going to hit them as well. So we marked the spacers and ground notches in them for rocker clearance. After finally getting them to fit and comfortable they would clear the valve train, we had to do something with their color. Remember the old cast 840 heads were black and these things blended right in. But now they are just an inch or so black outline between the aluminum head and the vintage aluminum M/T covers. Not the best look. So we shot some aircraft stripper on them and with a bit of time and some elbow grease, exposed the natural aluminum. Then we called it a night and chased down that steak!