Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Austin Rules

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Now why would you think, it wouldn't interest us? This is just "HAMB Family" news! We admire all, that our "Extended Hot Rod Family"does for each other,it's what makes this hobby/obsession of ours,so much more than just a bunch of old cars.:rolleyes:

2. Yup, I concur. We're all proud of where we come from, but I think it's the power of the HAMB at work with a great group of hot rodders. :cool: But without derailing, that's a very cool deal you guys worked out.

3. BLAKE

BLAKE

From now on, you have to drink any time someone says 'Austin Rules'... and no stopping a moving quarter.

4. I found out about Austin's good nature way back in the 80's. I got hooked on Austin while striping at a Dean Earhart Car show 1983 in the old quonset building that was behind Palmer auditorium. Jimmy V had his Chevy there, his bro came by, Billy G visited also. The people were very freindly compared to what was going on in my hometown of Houston. Austin welcomed me as a pinstriper at what events it had which wasn't all that many. In 1984 I went to my first big show at Palmer Auditorium and did it for 15 years. Did lots of business in Austin until about 2001. I have to thank Austex P&B, and other shops who I did lots of striping for. (ever see that big wrecker with the pink flames? We did that all nighter)

Yes, Austin has changed since those gold chaner days but to the tune of what looks to be one of the greatest Hot Rod towns in the USA. We owe a lot of thanks to the H.A.M.B., Lone Star Roundup, Austin Speed Shop, Cory M, Jimmy V, Steve W, Mike Y, and of course Gary H. I wish I were still striping as much in Austin. Although I love that town, I now reside in loco Seguin. Gotta love the country life.

Mikey Did it
    www.MikeysPinstriping.com
    "Does bad things to good cars"

5. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

..And you're close to John's Auto Salvage!!:D

6. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

'Austin Rules'
    'Austin Rules'
    'Austin Rules'

great get together! for a good cause . 'Austin Rules' :p

7. Moe

Moe

AMEN Brother ....:D:D:D

8. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

Exactly!:D

9. Blakmerk

Blakmerk
    from St.Joe MO

That Desoto grille under shiny black and neon looks....ummm familiar. Or stolen. Looked like a great time.

10. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

well...
    I wish we could've made it; but we had a weeding in Dallas that we were previuously committed to.

I had offered a custom Pony Wallet to be auctioned off, but the guy who was in charge of getting the info to the auction block had other plans...

Turns out, he did a burnout. Lost control of his rig, and wrecked more than just my plans. I heard it was one hellova party.

11. Hooligansince65

Hooligansince65
    from Chicago

Thats Awesome. Its so good to hear a nice story about friends that are true. Good for you Austonights.

12. Most hot rodders don't need an excuse to drive their car to hang out with like minded folks, but when you can do it to help out one of your own....even better!!

13. KreaturesCCAustin...No I'mnot near John's Salvage. I'm 2 miles off I-10 between New Braunfels and Seguin, about 7 miles from the drag strip. Wish I would have moved to Austin years ago when the real estate was more affordable. Lived in Lockhart for 17 years and really miss it but that 3 story house was getting too big.

As for the 351 stuff, my Dad had all that but since he passed a way my ex-con bro has it all now. The 56 F-100 big window, the 70 Chevelle big block convert, the 29 model A, the louver press...I better stop.

Mikey

Mikey

14. I looked at her and said one word....."Texas"...where the roads go on forever...............