Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Austin Bantam Hot Rods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evil1, Aug 7, 2008.

1. I wish. house fire a few years ago got alot of my pics. and water damaged a bunch more.:(

2. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Just for those who haven't heard, the candy red one with the hemi that caused such a stir is now a crispy critter. It burned up completely when Jason Grahams garage caught on fire. I havent been so bummed about a car loss since I had my '32 2dr go up in flames due to an arsonist fire.:mad:

Frank

3. drifters cc

drifters cc

Heres mine.

Attached Files:

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

sorry if this is a double post, things are moving slow today. I still have my client Roy's bantam here at my shop, and have been picking away at it over the spring. I got the interior skinned in 18ga., and included a seat base into the mix as well. I'll build the trans tunnel this week, and get the steering column, and box mounted and I'm pretty much done. I keep promising to post pictures of it, But I'm still computer challenged enough that it hasn't happened. As soon as I can, I will post to this thread first - 'cause I'd really like to show this thing off a bit for all to see... Does any body out there in Bantam land have an extra set of interior garnish mouldings they could let go of for a reasonable price? If so P.M. me please. Oh, how about a windshield frame too...

5. cadman89

cadman89

I built a 32 Austin HOT ROD? SPORTS CAR? 350 Chevy 4 speed 8" ford rear end w 3:56 Gears..Coilovers all the way around. Even made extra leg room under the 4 foot long aluminium hood. I sold the car to a guy in New Hampshire 15 years ago.... It was British Racing Green with Yellow Wire Wheels then..... I was thinking..what ever happened to that car...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cadman

I found the car living in Orange Park FL... 4/5/2012

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  6. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

From the Landracing site and last weekends El Mirage meet. Jim Lattin's V4F/GC

Attached Files:

7. andyapplegate

andyapplegate

g6_001.jpg dont forget about the baddest fuel altered bantam . Gabby Bleeker

8. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

My 38 panel.

Attached Files:

9. Austin7nut

Austin7nut
    from Sussex UK.

I posted this already as I hadn't seen this thread,

Attached Files:

10. APACHE FS

APACHE FS

I saw the red hemi awhile back in a mag thought it was the coolest.....theres a sedan on a sign here in Fort Worth been there for years. cant wait for them to go out of business.

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Well, I have learned how to post pictures over the summer, but most of the pictures I have of the Bantam are not real great yet because of where they are in my shop. I'll show you whta I have for now, which is a overall shot or two, and a couple of construction shots of the floor pans that probably won't make much sense. I promise better pictures soon, as more is getting done and it will leave soon. When I roll it out, I'll shoot a bunch. For now...

Attached Files:

bowie likes this.
  12. mako4r

mako4r

Just a little squirrly......but so fast. Before interior and visor were installed.

Attached Files:

13. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

I saw this at the Jalopy Showdown Drags.

Attached Files:

14. I've been looking for one for years! Really cool cars, but tiny. How much space is left after you chop it?

Attached Files:

15. Gassy

Gassy
    from Tennessee

Here's a steel roadster a buddy of mine built a few years back.
    Fast & Fun.

Attached Files:

16. AHotRod

AHotRod

anymore pictures?

17. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Dammmm I want a Bantam body!!!!

18. NORTH30FORD

NORTH30FORD

Here's one for sale in Alberta. $3150.00 CDN. ($3235.00USD.) is the list on it. It's not mine but I know who has it!

Peter

Attached Files:

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

That is actually an Austin.

20. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Not a hot rod, per se, but I'm digging the 50's sport rod deal here. Gary

21. go here and and click 31 austin. at least you can get a glass one. not perfect, but better than none, plus, done right, you could change over to steel body when you find that special one:)

http://www.usbody.com/

22. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Neat, with doors even. Anyone know of a glass roadster / cabriolet with doors? I only ask this as I doubt I'd ever be able to find a steel one to modify. Same goes for a Fiat coupe. Gary

23. bobw

bobw

[​IMG]
    gnichols, Currently I'm attempting to put doors in this Rod 'n Race Fiat body. A reasonable alternative, but not easy.

24. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

My dad's old hot rod always reminded me of a Bantam. Anybody know what it actually is?

Attached Files:

25. NORTH30FORD

NORTH30FORD

A deuce!

1932 Austin American Bantam

Peter

26. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Went and looked this awhile ago. Boy was it rough. Guess I was spoiled when I cut-up the original paint rust free body to build my car. Still want a stocker though.

Attached Files:

27. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

This is a English (as in Made In England) Austin. Not the same as a American Bantam. The reveal in the deck lid is for a long skinny Tag/plate. Still a very cool car. I'd love to own one.

28. NORSON

NORSON

Built this in '65. Brought the chrome moly tubing home slung under a '55 Chev. One of the first over the counter rats sold in Portland. Endrele injection was one of the first six made (I was told). Took for ever to get. Crower Imperial cam. Direct drive. Weighed 1,100 lbs. Got it done and ran out of money. Parted it out. Ton of fun to build. Wild to drive

Attached Files:

29. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

It is in Michigan.

30. Thats the same magazine pages that have been posted in the garage, my dad has had em hung up since he originally bought the body and chopped it... but thats where the project has stayed for over 20 years...
    untill now... its my next-current project in which i am determined to build for him, one of the few cars ive been exited to build for the majority of m life ...
    it wont be a clone of grampas iron,thats not our style... but it will have some major styling cues from it with some modern upgrades..
    hello everyone, this is my first post here as I just found this place, thanks for having me l0l