Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Austin Bantam Hot Rods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evil1, Aug 7, 2008.

1. tomjac

tomjac

I just noticed the Royal Kustoms Bantam is for sale on Ebay. It can be yours for $25k :)

The seller is <TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; PADDING-LEFT: 0pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0pt; PADDING-TOP: 0pt" nowrap="nowrap"></TD><TD>[​IMG]dadgaragesale</TD>

2. bilspero

bilspero

Who be you and whatta' ya wanta know about all that old shit...........Love, Randy.

3. This Bantam was originally started by me as a 392 Hemi car. When I got married I sold everything for some reason still unknown to me but a friend Stu Denyes bought the unfinished chassis and finished it and offered me a partnership if I came up with a driveline. I had a 170 slant six and a Corvair turbo charger . I married the two and along with the slant 6 pushbutton trans we installed it in the car. It worked great. Before you snicker too hard this car came 3rd at Cayuga Ontario's (Div 1 NHRA Land of NED)first ever $1000 bracket meet. It was Stus first drag race but he was and is an natural. We practiced on the side road at his Dads farm . He ran the car for many years. It was sold then and eventually wound up in the London Ontario area now sporting a funny car type tube frame and a 383 Chrysler. It was crashed two years ago but has been repaired I was offered the original body in trade for one of my special cam grinds I am still thinking.

Attached Files:

4. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

a pic I found form Spokane a couple of yrs ago

[​IMG]

5. Me Be Mr. B

Me Be Mr. B
    from Spokane,Wa

That car is owned by a couple out of the Tri-Cities area. (drawing a blank on the name) It is the first Bantam I actually saw in person. Nice car, it is powered by a Mazda rotory engine. He also has a roadster I believe.

6. eye bone

eye bone

Can't have a Bantam thread w/out this car…

[​IMG]

7. Hi All.

I know this is an Austin thread, so i hope you don't mind if I just throw in this Morris 8 ring-in. It's owned by a mate in the local hot rod club and has been registered for just on a month.

Edited.

Sorry to offend you with photos of one half of the Austin/Morris company.
    Pictures deleted. Happy now?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  8. ifs, billet wheels, late caddi tails... damn :( thats not right lets keep this thread on topic Austin hot rods & drag cars please

9. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

Some nice rides thanks a lot !

10. Lightning

Lightning
    from N. Nevada

Here is a pic of my Dads Bantam back in the early 40's prior to changing out the banger to a V8-60 -He ran this car several times at El Mirage

Attached Files:

11. do you have more pic's? this thing is bitchin
    [​IMG]

12. Lightning

Lightning
    from N. Nevada

Well, most of the pictures in my dads scrap book were ruined by a leaky garage roof,and some were just destroyed, but I'll look to see if I can find any more. I can tell you that he later changed it to run on modified A frame rails w/ a slightly built V8-60 w/ La Salle trans,switched it to LH drive and no fenders

13. Just found this pic on the net..Any more pics of this one?
    [​IMG]

14. TomWar

TomWar

This is from the 1965 Oakland Roadster Show, we got a nice centerfold in TRJ # 39.

Attached Files:

15. 296ardun

296ardun

There were some on Byron Stack's "Gasser Madness," under the "lost and found" part. Car was from Colorado, was featured in HRM (I think), then disappeared, but was recently rediscovered.

16. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

[​IMG]
    This is by far one of the most bad ass cars I have ever seen!!!!:cool:

blownhemi48 likes this.
  17. Church Key

Church Key

Yes... It was a feature car in HOT ROD in the early 60's It was owned by an older guy named, Pops Marner.

18. Phil1934

Phil1934

Here's more Marner

Attached Files:

blownhemi48 likes this.
  19. zzford

zzford

I love those cars! However, they sure are not meant for a man with the sized ass that i sport.

20. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

21. Me Be Mr. B

Me Be Mr. B
    from Spokane,Wa

X2...and I am building one :eek:

If there are any owners out there with pics of you in the car, I would be interested in seeing you in it :D

22. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Im building one for a client here in Phoenix. 92" wheelbase, small block Chevy (to start with, Hemi soon), narrowed rear (46"). should be a cool altered style ride. Got it up on wheels this last weekend, I'll post pictures as soon as I know how!

23. thanks guys
    Pop Marner
    [​IMG]

24. Phil1934

Phil1934

Me too 6' 300#. I'll mount seats this week for pic and grins

25. freebird101

freebird101

26. hotrodihc

hotrodihc
    from London Ont

I'm building this one right now

P1010564.jpg
    P1010561.jpg

27. 396skip

396skip
    from MN

Im going to do this one next year,bought it from the same guy in MN that owns the Black one on here with the Hemi and pinstripping....

Attached Files:

28. Me Be Mr. B

Me Be Mr. B
    from Spokane,Wa

Hey....I will be watching closely.....those dimensions closely resemble mine :D So you can tell my future for me :D

Please inform us if you have to be pulled back out with Crisco and a winch :eek:

Of course you know I am giving you shit... :rolleyes:

29. Me Be Mr. B

Me Be Mr. B
    from Spokane,Wa

Love to see pics. Sounds allot like what I am building, 93.5" wheelbase, small block Chevy, 55 Chevy rear with "P" case 4.11, I am going to start mocking body to chassis in next couple weeks, will post pics then.

30. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

The black one with the Hemi is schweeeeeeeet!!!!!!:D