Register now to get rid of these ads!

Aussie HAMBers meet the CAB!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mai Ki-Ki, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Just made it to Sydney, i will call you tomorrow Drewfus:)
    Canberra was super fun and Jimbob was a rad host while i was there today, he's got a great garage full of sweet rods!
    I'd post pics but my hotel doesn't have internet access so my laptop doesn't work for me:( I'm on a lame coin operated computer in the lobby at the moment, droppin coins!
    Best wishes,
    CAB

2. Hey Jimbob, thats a funny hat you are wearing......:)

Oh hang its a belly tank....well, will it see action one day?
    One of the perks of where you work?

3. And check it out... a STREET MACHINE magazine hiding right at the bottom. :)

I sent you a PM Cab. If you're still in Sidanee, give me a call.

You guys still look gay (except for you Cab).

4. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Hey... i found a Starbucks on Park st. and Elizabeth st. this morning, that means laptop access... oh yes!

Ben ( lowsquire) gave me that street machine mag, his Roadster PU was featured in it from the Summer NATS:)
    Brootal i'll check the PM after this post. I'll be in Sydney till Monday morning when i fly back home to the US of model A's!
    We are going on a Boat this afternoon on the harbour to ride this Miniramp built on it and shoot some skating pics on it today... should be fun.
    best wishes,
    CAB

5. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

So Cab, since yer flyin home soon....any chance of you gracing us here in Bakersfield with your worldly presence? It would be fantastic to have you join us at the Riot. I'm sure Tom and some of the other HAMB'rs would enjoy meeting you;) I can't offer you homewreckers on the Barbie or Aussie men in kookaburra's (sp?) but I can give ya good ol fashioned American car's, bar's and guitars!!:D

xx
    Brandy

6. Obviously you're suffering from information overload! Ben's car was at John's Picnic (I wrote the story), Jimbob's car was at the Summernats.

That Starbuck's is about 100m from where I am!

7. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Thanks for the invite Brandy:)
    But that's a hella of a far drive ( 4 1/2 hours) to Bakersfield from San Jose. Wish i could make it, but when i get home, i'll have things to catch up on since i've been away for two weeks already:(
    when is the show again? Cars, bars and guitars sounds good to me! will there be alots of hot roddin cuties there?
    since i've become on the single side again:)
    CAB

8. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Boris,
    your right I am suffering from that, trying to keep up, but it's hard with all the info i've been soaking in here. I finally learned what a "Holden" car was while i was here, never heard of them till i got here:(
    sorry about the mistake and great write up in there, i went back and read it this time:) instead of just looking at the pics of the cool cars and reading the captions that showed up at John's picnic!
    best wishes and that's too bad you can't make the Aussie Hamb BBQ at QQmoons tonight.

CAB

9. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Okay, guys here comes the pics from Canberra and Sydney!

A shot of Jamies ( jimbob) '55 Buick special from Canberra, Australia which he picked me up in and we headed out to his place to check out his garage. yes, he showed me what was under the hood buy flooring it from time to time on the speedays:)
    [​IMG]

Here is his '27 Pontiac PU, all stock and it runs!
    [​IMG]

The grill shell Pontiac emblem, pretty cool.
    [​IMG]

Here are a set of Ford wires that were widened and shortened to 15's with brand new Coker whites for a future '30 Model roadster he's building, he had all the parts there in the garage ready to assemble, good stuff.
    [​IMG]

Another shot of Jimbob's '23 t-bucket, it was done up super nice, great job, wish we had time to take it for a spin.
    [​IMG]

more on the next post...

10. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

after canberra, we drove up to Sydney and took a barge out that had a mini ramp for us to skate and take some awesome scenic picks of the habour. That day 11 complete skateboards went into the water, mine included:(
    I had just set up a brand spankin new Hotrod cab street deck and i didn't even have it for more the a day before it went off the ramp and sunk to the bottom, yes i was bummed:( great shots came from that day and there was tons of media, so it was a productive day for us.
    [​IMG]

last night Drewfus (Andrew) and his girlfriend picked me up at the hotel and took me over to meet QQMOON (Joseph) and his family for a small hamber BBQ and here's a shot of his '31 5 window coupe.
    [​IMG]

...and it had a blown Hemi in it, which he was more than welcome to start the A for me, it sounded awesome mate.
    [​IMG]

more on the next post...

11. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

a shot of a future '32 Phaeton project in the works and check out those shelves in the background full of collected parts over the years, i bet i can count over 8 complete flat heads on that rack and another roadster just waiting to be built, his garage was amazing and very roomy... jealous... hell yes i was, sure wish i had the space to fill it with more rods and parts like Joe's place:)
    [​IMG]

and the last one, yes another Aussie Hamber group shot from Sydney. Joe, his son, myself, andrew hiding in the background and paul.
    [​IMG]

I want to give out a special thanks to DREWFUS, Happy 30th by the way, his birthday was yesterday:) He basically helped me get in contact with all the fellow Hambers from here and arranged all the BBQ's and meetings while on my visit to Australia! Thanks again for taking the time to do that and i appreciate it very much. I had a blast out here meet all of you and i loved how inspired and enthused you all where in showing me a great time and chatting about our love for Hotrods. You guys are all super cool and you have some great rides:) look me up if your ever in Norcal and i'll show you guys around our area and show you some good stuff.
    The skateparks here are amazing as well, our skate article for TWS will be super sweet, just glad i was able to break out and enjoy my other new Hobby!
    best wishes and can't wait to get home on monday and start up my A, i sure miss her:(
    CAB

12. JamesG

JamesG

Dang it Cab! And to think, you could have just given the board to me!!! lol....

Have a safe trip bro.

13. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

The Riot is March 11th @ 9pm.

You can't give me the San Jose is too far bit! I've been there TOO many times to believe that one:D Shoot I went there and back in a single night just to see Tiger Army play. In a topless car, in the middle of winter, during a serious pour down of rain, barefoot, carrying my upright bass on my back......yeah alright so only part of that is true!:p

You should come, there is ALWAYS sexy hotrod gals there....make me feel frumpy:rolleyes: .....Heck, I'll even sweeten the deal more for ya, I'll take ya to dinner before the show! And if need be, you can crash here @ my place...:D ....
    xxx
    Brandy

14. Hey Cab,

1. Thanks for taking time out from your busy schedule to say "g'day"
    2. Similarly, thanks to all the Aussie HAMBers who openly welcomed Cab, and organised a welcoming BBQ (Peddro/Ben, Jimbob, QQMoon). Was happy to help, and proud, (as an Australian) that we could be a good host apon hearing of your visit etc.
    3. Carla and I trust you'll have a safe trip home, and thanks again for your b'day present...

Cheers,

Drewfus

15. rare32

rare32

Hey Cab....good to see the Australians on the other side looked after you.Maybe next time you'll make it to Perth.
    And I also have some idea what some of the eastern states aussies look like..so I can say 'hey' at the National at easter..or avoid them:)

16. Retroline

Retroline

Well, I guess that's what the phone call was for hey Joseph???
    I was sitting at home with a crashed P.C while you were all chewing on Kangaroo Burgers... And you guys didn't even skate!!!!

17. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

I sure hope so i can make it out there again because Perth is awesome! great skate spots out there as well:) You won't want to avoid these Eastern Aussie Hambers, they are all super nice and fun to be around and chat rods with, the Aussies have a great Hotrod scene and i was amazed with what you guys own over there and were able to obtain in your car garages... good stuff:)
    take care,
    CAB

18. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

sorry we missed you Skippy:(
    Andrew said you couldn't make it, no worries though, it poured that afternoon/evening, so not much skating went down that day:(
    The BBQ was awesome and Joe's wife cooked up a mean one... yum!
    CAB