Register now to get rid of these ads!

Aussie HAMBers meet the CAB!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mai Ki-Ki, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Last night headed out to lowsquire's place in the sticks to catch up with Coupe-De-CAB , and lowsquire, adam f and peddro. Was a pleasure meeting the man, and a nice night chilling out and chatting, wish I could have made it out earlier but just glad i made it at all! Hope you have a great stay here in Australia Coupe-De-CAB ! A few of us may have to come and harrass you at home later in the year!

Till then Cheers!!

=]

Maiki (MKK)

Picture L to R.

Coupe-De-CAB, Lowsquire, Adam F, Mai Ki-Ki & Peddro (in front)

2. jimbob

jimbob

Man, I would have flown down just to shake the mans hand, he was one of my ( and I guess thousands of others) skatin heros when I was skatin, wow, that was a longh time ago now. I should drag one of my old decks out and go for a thrash today....

whats he over for? R&R or skate related?

Cheers, Jimbob

3. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Shit I must be getting too old for this game!!

Just read the post that C-D-C was out here, and then see that you all met last night!!! Man I'm geting further behind the further into this game I get.

At least I enjoyed myself reading the latest issue of hop up that I got yesterday!!!

4. Shheeeeeeiiiitttt....Woulda loved to have been there. My first deck was a CAB. But as you guys now know I was kinda pre-occupied!

5. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Uh oh! Here we go again with another group shot. Gonna keep my mouth zipped on this one:D Good to see you smile Mai....you grouchy old fart!!
    x
    Brandy

6. HoldFast

HoldFast

skate related. If I remember correctly there's some kind of vans deal of there now.

cab was and still is the man. awesome guy.

(Cab..I have that hoodie.haa. Got a sessions hat on right now. You get that from Joe?)

7. flatoz

flatoz

oh well you cant be everywhere!

I guess sometimes you just have to be under the thumb!!

8. Grouchy? Old?

*sob*

Annoyed my silly camera was set to low res...grrr.

oh wells!

9. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

You got grouchy and OLD on the last post with a group photo.......alright so I'll unzip my yap and say WOW! Somebody turn down the heat and get the hose because this lucky girl is havin hot flashes!!!:D

Now back to zipping ;)
    xx
    Brandy

10. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Thanks Maiki:)
    had a blast hanging out with you guys as well. The Barbee was awesome and it was cool to see a few of the rides. Adam's '29 roadster is sweet, so is Ben's roadster PU in the making. He's very handy with the welding torch and his truck will look hella sweet when it's finished:) Wayne was super cool to pick me up in his Mustang and take me to meet you guys, thanks again guys for hanging out and it was great to meet all of you! Hope the rain didn 't get you guys too bad on your way home.

Jimbob,
    I'll be in Canberra on Tuesday to Thursday!
    PM me your # and i'll call you when i get into town and let you know where i'll be.

the Globe skate contest today at the Rod Leaver Stadium was awesome, so much sick skating went down and it was the best contest i've seen in a long time. the best trick on the vert wall was a highlight of the event and fellow Aussie vert rider named jake Brown won it with a 14ft + high air out of the top of the 15 ft high ramp, a total of 29 ft from the bottom of the ramp... it was sick!

G'day and best wishes,
    CAB

11. fc ute

fc ute

12. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Craig,
    Sorry but not coming to Perth on this trip, sure wish i was though because there's so many cool street spots in your home town:)
    plus it would be really nice to hook up and see some more nice rods.
    I think i'll get my fill though after visiting Canberra and Sydney next and hooking up with more Aussie Hambers!
    best wishes and thanks again for the invite... take care,
    CAB

hey CAB, are you coming over to Perth?
    if so i will organise for you to meet some guys and see some cars
    craig

13. Hope your stay's been good in Melbourne Cab. Was a pleasure to play chaffeur for the night. Have a great time on the rest of the trip. You'd better post the group pic in your camera at some stage though....our photographer musta been on the wine a bit too much!

14. hey crew,

sorry I couldnt make it... was living it up in sunny Vris-vegas baby!!! looks like it was a nice night...

Danny

15. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

thanks Wayne!
    felt like home driving around in your left hand drive 66 Muzzy:)
    here are some pics of the night, enjoy....

Ben and Adam with Adam's 29 roadster, sweet ride for sure!
    [​IMG]

AdamF's flatty
    [​IMG]

Ben's ( Lowsquire) Roadster PU, he hand built the frame and extended and widen the cab a bit, can imagine how loud that thing is, no baffles in the pipes!
    [​IMG]

The rear view of his PU, look at the large fuel tank, out of a boat i think he said, can't remember... i was taken so much in in so little time i was there. Ben's shop was set up very nicely to work on his rod, sure wish i had his set up back home, it was really nice.
    [​IMG]

a few more pic's to continue on the next post:)
    CAB

16. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

A few Aussie zines and one from New Zealand that (Peddro) hooked me up with while i was there to get my hotrod fix on the road. that's Ben's ( lowsquire) PU on the cover of Newsledder magazine at a show he brought his ride to recently. thanks again Wayne... your a ruler!
    [​IMG]

and last the group shot once again with my digi camera:)
    thanks alot guys for a bitchen time, glad to have met you guys and will enjoy keeping in contact through the Hamb, pen pals for life!
    [​IMG]

best wishes from the land down under... mates,
    CAB

17. Adam F

Adam F

Hey Cab and fellas,

Yeah, it was great to meet you Cab, glad we were able to all get together.

Good news was the we didn't get wet at all. It was raining, enough to need the wipers, but Maiki and I stayed dry!

Thanks to Ben for hosting, the new pad is cool, a little hard to find tho (HA)

Oh and congratulations to Devilrod on the spawn of Devilrod jnr!

Later
    Adam F

18. 1. Hey Jimbob, have been trying to get in touch with you via PM & email to let you know.

2. Great to see you guys having fun, thumbs up to Peddro & Ben for last minute guests

3. Cab, we still on for Saturday? ring me when ya get the chance

Cheers,

Drewfus

19. jimbob

jimbob

Thanks Drewfus, had computer probs at work all day, have left a message on your home and mobile.

Cheers, Jimbob

20. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

Cab, it was a pleasure playing host to you..thanks for taking the time out of your crazy schedule to hang out!
    An awesome guy with a great enthusiasm for old rods.

Was a fun night, and has got me inspired to get out in the shed again.

That wicked skate deck you gave me might inspire me to build a mini ramp too! Hell if you're still doin comps no reason i cant bust some moves again!

Thanks everyone for coming out on such short notice..

no doubt will come over and visit you one day cab.
    (dont worry Brandy, I'll drop in on you too! ;) )

21. Thanks for having the do ben! and thanks to Kat for picking me up...otherwise it would have been a mega cab ride..hehe (still woulda done it though!) WIll be out soon to see the Lincoln! and maybe help on the RPU if needs be?

Itchin to get the EK back on the road, dearched springs next on the agenda and a carb rebuild...Gonna plan a crusie night to celebrate!

=]

Cheers

MKK

(still designing a 29 Sedan in my head and sketchbooks....plan is coming together..hehe one way or another a project WILL start this year.)

22. fc ute

fc ute

gday cab,
    if you ever do get over to perth i can show you around the car scene and my oldest son can show you the best skate spots.
    by the way, STICKSHIFT magazine is the one that I publish
    craig

23. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Andrew,
    yes ...we are still on, but it will be more towards the evening because i'm sure i have things to do during the day with the Vans guys and shooting skate photos all day. I'll call you as soon as i get into Sydney and let you know where i'll be staying.

I will also try and hook up with Jimbob as well while in Canberra.
    on the 17th, the team and I will be doing an autograph signing at a shop called Shifty's which is run by a guy named Lee Steele (who is also a hotrodder and ownes a '65 chevy lowrider with hydraulics) i believe. While i was on the road today, i stopped at a rest stop and picked up the new Australian Street Rodder and featured within the pages was the 2005 Summernats #18 and i saw a pic of Lee with his Lowrider flippin the switches and cruising along on 3 wheels. it will be cool meet up with him, i don't think he knows i'm into hotrods and i'm doing a signing at his store, but i could be wrong, haven't met the guy yet:)
    best wishes,
    CAB

24. jimbob

jimbob

Cab, theres a shot of my bucket in the same article as Lee's lowrider.

Cheers, Jimbob

25. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Tease!:D
    x
    Brandy

26. jimbob

jimbob

I hooked up with Steve last night and this morning, really cool to meet the man. Went for a run in the Buick, checked out a local skate park, Was pretty cool chattin rods with a bloke I grew up admiring for his skatin talent.

Cheers Cab, will try to catch up when I'm over your way in May hopefully.

[​IMG]

Cheers, Jimbob

27. jimbob

jimbob

Holy crap that pics big! I'll down size and edit it tonight, save space.

Cheers, Jimbob

28. Mannnn, you Canberra types are T-A-L-L!! Even taller than us down here and we're H-U-G-E!

29. jimbob

jimbob

Nup, Cabs just really short

30. phhh.....

"build it small, drive it BIG".

Cheers,

Drewfus