Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Aussie 55 Dodge project, help?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jackho74, Feb 10, 2013.

1. jackho74

jackho74

IMG_2998.jpg
    Just a quick iphone shot of my Aussie 55 Dodge Kingsway, factory black moredoor, plans are for a two door conversion and chop. If any Hambers on the west coast have (or know of) a pair of 54 plymouth savoy doors to help get my 2 door conversion underway, I have a contact in Orange County California who will freight them to Australia for me. Will pay in cash or Aussie Beer (our currency):). any help greatly appreciated. Jeff

2. Voodoowagon

Voodoowagon
    from Fort worth

Cant wait to see the progress on this one, good luck. I have debated on running the grille you guys have on my wifes. My buddy just finished the chop on ours.

3. jackho74

jackho74

Thanks Voodoo, will run a detailed build thread when I get goin', yeah I dont mind the grille on mine its in great condition, but will probably go with a desoto "toothy" grill as we had an Aussie model Dodge/Plymouth/Desoto with identical body shells. would love to see some pics of your progress on your chop. Any probs? did you lay your uncut rear window down? Jeff.

4. Voodoowagon

Voodoowagon
    from Fort worth

You can see some of the pictures in my 54 build project thread, the back glass was moved forward about 4 1/2 inches and the roof was brought down about 5 in the back and managed to keep the back glass stock. Have seen some with shoebox glass and just felt right to keep the stock glass out back. We didnt want a crazy chop so only went down about 3 inches in the front. When you get going on yours
    just let us know if you have any issues.

5. ehdave

ehdave

Looks like a neat dodge you've got there, I'm building an aussie desoto myself.

If your going to change to the desoto grille you will probably have to change the front guards because of the way the desoto grille mounts, the lip running into the front of the fenders below the headlight is part of the grille. These photo's should show what i mean.

It would be cool to see a build thread when you stuck into it.

Cheers
    Dave

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013