Register now to get rid of these ads!

Aussi Speed Week & Road Trip in 32 Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cully33, Mar 6, 2013.

1. choptop4

choptop4

I ment Al Fontian .He has A belly tank with mopar motor.

2. There is an Alan Fountain with the Studebaker which I have already post pics off is it the same guy ??

3. 66tintop

66tintop
    from Canada

Cully - just awesome pics , I can only imagine what it was like, I would like to do the trip bonnevinne some day, long haul from snowed in ontario, Canada , something like 36 hours of driving, oblivious it can be done ! Maybe one year , glad you were able to get the pics up , computers can be a PITA !

4. Thanks got lots more pics to load, just had a bit of a hicup today and lost them all had to re-load and has taken all day. I appreciate all the positive comments.

5. Finally got all the pics back I need a cold beer, well I should show you where you can one out here this is the canteen on the edge of the lake, which is run by the Mt Ive homestead you can get a cold beer, soft drinks, water, food and arrr shade.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  6. This is a view of the pit area from the canteen.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  7. Well guys I'm pooped off to bed more pics tomorrow.

Cully

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  8. Cully, livin' the dream! You certainly have this Hot Roddin' thing figured out! Keep posting & writing up dates! Subscribed!

9. choptop4

choptop4

Ya, Thats the same Al.There one fun family .I guess he didn't bring it.
    Cheers

10. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for reloading the pics it was sure worth the wait.

11. Well there's a HAMB calender shot if ever I've seen one..

12. Tintop plan and make that trip happen, you will not regret it.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  13. This Lakester is a real family affair with father Mark Dunn & son and daughter Kurt & Gemma Bellytank Lakester run a best time of 201.320 mph.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  14. Rod Hadfield Bronze Aussie best time 209.998 his personal best in this car is 259.067. Lionel West run a personal best in the Bronze Aussie at 250.696 mph.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  15. Norman Bradshaw Ford Falcon taxi blew me away I was at the start line when he had the car running to take off, Rod Hadfield bronze aussie was a couple of cars back and had his engine running as well for a warm up, you could not hear this taxi running over the engine noise of the bronze aussie. Taxi takes off and quickly disappears down the track, I wait to hear the speed over the radio 250.906 mph new record and beating his own personal best and previous record of 192.153 amazing would have to be the fastest taxi in world.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  16. Looks like a great flat deck. Sea level too. 251 with a Taxi thingy on the roof- amazing. Pity Ford is letting the Falcon die. The AU is a good looking car & obviously slippery.
    Awesome thread Cully33- I keep checkin' in..

17. Wardog

Wardog

Correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm sure this is a home made 30 year build and the 3 litre is the testing/Proving engine. It will make way for a serious race engine aiming for "800" mph piston engine wheel driven.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

18. Wardog not sure how long in the build but yes home made if you google Trevor Slaughter a hole bunch of info comes up about this streamliner.

19. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Great Thread cully33.....

20. Wardog

Wardog

Sorry. Got exited, turbine engine wheel driven, 800 kmh.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

21. John Lynch Belly Tank, John pit was just opposite big knob racing when I pulled in to repair the radiator the other day the entire Lynch crew came over to check out the 32, great bunch of guys offered to help if I needed anything just ask, have met a great bunch of people on the salt. Back to John's Belly Tank back on the salt for the first time in 5 years last time here John run 301.729 a record for its class. This time John managed a best time of 277.756.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  22. Big Knob Racing, don't need to tell you how thankful I am to Norm and Tony for helping out with my radiator repairs. Norm had fellow American David Haas over the guys have done a deal David got to drive Norms 34 Roadster until got in to the 200 mph club then it was Norms turn, in return Norm will have a drive in David's car a Boneiville this August Norm did a best time of 207.218 David did a 209.132

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Super Streak

Super Streak
    from Florida

That looks like a great road trip. I think that the rear gear ratio was a bit to tall for what you were doing.
    I wish my wife was that adventurist, having a wife that is willing to endure that kind of discomfort is rare.
    The pictures are great, thank you for sharing your story.

24. 66tintop

66tintop
    from Canada

Cully- I noticed the yellow Holden in the pics, u didn't happen to get any more pics or details on that one, I have seen pics of one just like it at bonneville that had a SB2 Chevrolet NASCAR motor in it , might it be the same car ? Are those 308 holden car rare in Australia ? Thanks tintop

25. Coming up thats a 1968 HK Holden Monaro back in the day you could order one with a 186 6 cylinder, 307 Chev or the top of the range 327 Chevy.

26. Love it! Great road trip. I hope to make it down there someday, I'd like to bring my Uni with me for a few passes. :D;)

27. I took this pick in tech line at Speed Week. Talked with the guy a bit.
    [​IMG]

28. Might be same not sure still waiting for photobucket to upload.

29. draider

draider
    from Texas

Looks like a great trip Cully! Thanks for the great write up and pics.

30. Wayne Pickles 1968 HK Holden Monaro run 200.512 mph one of the first true Australian mussle cars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]