Register now to get rid of these ads!

Aurora/Naperville Illinois people?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jasonp, Mar 24, 2009.

1. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

I'm fairly new to this whole scene and was wondering if any local people would want to get together on a sunday at maybe a park or possibly someones house,( i have a townhouse so I'm out), and maybe cookout and bs/hangout. Hit me up with any ideas. It would be cool to meet some people in the area.:confused:

2. Brandi

Brandi

Hey! My folks live in Naperville!

There are some WAY cool folks from the Chicago area. The Chrome Czars/HCPU ring a bell. I'm not sure of who else is around there, but I know there is a HAMB & Eggs around there. I think that is a little south of the city.

3. Your welcome to have breakfast with the HAMB and Eggs gang. We get together for breakfast on Saturday's at 7:00 am at Chuck's Southern Comfort Cafe at 79 th and Central in Burbank,Ill. We have several regulars coming from as far away as Naperville / Romeoville and Valporaso, Ind. Great group of guys . CharlieChops and his co-pilot are due in this week from Michigan.

Link to our get together.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=216594&highlight=sw+chicagoers.

4. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

pretty much the only thing I've been too is the hcpu, had a great time

5. Isn't Naperville the second largest city in Illinois now?

Brandi's right, you can catch several Czars and Blacktop Barons at the "Adult Beverage Night" on most any Thursday at Hot Rod Chassis & Cycle in Addison.

Larry's right, come to the SW Chicago HAMB and Eggs on any Saturday. You were raised on drag racing? You'll feel right at home.

Brandi, now I get it, you visit the folks and just happen to make the HCPU!!! Hope to see you again this year.:cool:

6. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

thanks for the invite guys, ill keep that in mind

7. Ebert

Ebert

Jason,
    Let me know and RayGun, Django and I will make sure that you get the proper introductions!!!!! I am open to a cookout/bonfire at my place which is near St. Charles! We have been talking about doing that and what a great reason to do it than to welcome you!
    Ebert

8. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

sounds awesome to me guys, i'm game

9. Brandi

Brandi

Yup! It works out perfectly. My mom passed away last month, but I still gotta visit Pops so we'll more than likely be out again this year! This time though, we're going to check out HRC&C and hang around for Saturday night action!

10. Brandi, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. :(

FYI, Friday night at the Red Cent in Morris is the best night, almost double the action as Saturday night. The 2009 HCPU8'll be here before you know it! Hope to see you and pops at HRC&C, too!

11. Mike662

Mike662

I live in Bolingbrook, trying starting a new car club, if your interested. Check out the
    web www.roguesmidwest.com. Always looking for more car guys to hang out with
    in the area. send me an e-mail

12. Hey Jason, there are a few of us on here from Montgomery. We get together quite often and hit cruises and shows. We will have to meet sometime.

13. Jason, I'm in Aurora. PM me if you'd like, I'm up for meeting new folks in the are who are as equally afflicted as I am.

I've got to get to the HAMB n Eggs some Saturday morning soon.

14. rottenrod

rottenrod

im in plainfield i still want to make it out to hamb and eggs but i want to get my truck done first

15. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

maybe we can get a group of us from aurora/naper, plainfield, mongomery, etc..., and all go up to hamb and eggs sometime

16. 19Chevy57man

19Chevy57man

Hey, I live in Aurora to(Ohio that is).Maybe we can have a block party in Toledo some sunday afternoon.

17. Hey, Mike, this Saturday would be a good choice, Charlie Chops is comin' back down from Muskegon with his buddy Phil to pickup some parts from FoMoCoPower a few blocks from Chuck's BBQ. They'll all be at breakfast this week. Should be a real good turnout.

18. CamaroMike and Bobert are regulars that travel from the Plainfield /Romeoville at least twice a month.

19. truckdude1

truckdude1

Two Brothers brewery in Warrenville might make a good meeting spot. They do tours at 1:00 on Saturdays. Great food and awesome beer. They are located way back in an industrial park by Butterfield and Rte 59. Big parking lot, I'm sure they would welcome a group of car guys.

20. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Jason, make the early morning drive to HAMB and Eggs, no traffic at that hour. We'll tell drag racing lies. Great group of folks.We're working on a meet and greet at Byron Dragway this summer.

21. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

i used to race my mustang at byron almost every weekend back in the late 90's, ill have to get up to hamb and eggs sometime soon for sure

22. Camaro Mike

Camaro Mike

I'm in Plainfield just the other side of the Southwest corner of Naperdale. I make the breakfast run pretty regularly if you want to tag along some Saturday.

Mike

23. I'll be there. I may have to run into Oak Lawn after to get some materials for a '62 Suburban seat I'm doing for a friend of a friend so that'll work out well. See you then.

24. Hey Jason, have you always been from Aurora. If so did you ever hang out at Northgate up on Lake st. in the 90's

25. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

Grew up near Peoria, after high school, I moved to Dekalb from 93-98, then back down to Peoria area, then to Aurora in 03.

26. Pistnbroke

Pistnbroke
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beer ...I'm in. Lets get this together. I know there is a gathering in Iowa today with a bunch of Iowa, Illinois Hambers. I think this should happen soon I am getting restless. Come on TimmyP lets get this going and we can talk about going to Texas in a couple weeks to the Round Up...what do ya think?

27. I'd drive out to the burbs if there was a standing gtg.

Do the HRCC Thursday gtg's run all summer?

My car is still in paint jail. :(

28. carshowgirl

carshowgirl

There are alot of local cruise nights where alot of hambers hang out to, here are just a few...

Tues - Fuddrucker's in Downers Grove on 75th/lemont
    Wed - downtown Lemont
    Fri - downtown Downers Grove
    Sat - downtown lombard/Buona Beef Itasca