Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical ***August 2017 Banger Meet - The Dog Days and Bangers***

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jiminy, Jul 31, 2017.

1. ROCKER77

ROCKER77

Here she is with a little color

Attached Files:

Dannerr, slv63, waxhead and 1 other person like this.
  2. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Well guys I am sorry that more than weather can keep anyone from running.
    We had a good shot at other long lakes and runways that basically got screwed up.

Steve
    El M is basically a drag race...... short and hook-up-less

It's getting harder and harder to enter this site and post for many people outside I have enquired "why?" and the answer was it was a problem with my ISP except it seems to be with many people "Outside"

There is no automatic notice of recent posts to my mail that worked so well for so many years ....... it's sad but true Ryan. Man this is a link to the outside world of like minds. WTF Brother?

John

I know a lot of people working late at night and spending a ton-0-$ to be able to go racing. I hope everyone gets their chance at World Records and maybe some fame for their sacrifice.

29bowtie likes this.
  3. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

I also had not heard back from them and I sent Mike Nicholas an email. He said that he and Amy and the kids were on vacation the last couple of weeks and he was getting caught up with emails and so on. I would expect a reply shortly.

John

4. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

has any one talked to the black rock blm ? the land speed record was set there . large flat desert lake . 100 miles north of reno .

5. Steve,
    There are quite a few of the racing community who have been looking for another venue.
    So far nothing is looking promising. I hear rumblings that even the Australian venue is in jeopardy.
    There will be a time that the only time these race cars will be on display is at a car show. I am fine with that. But until that time, I intend to run it every opportunity I can.
    Not to be a Rain Cloud, sometimes my nickname, I suspect that eventually we will only be running on private land/courses in the future. I have been to some of the Hill Climbs and it looks like fun. Have to start digging parts out of the barn.

Bluto, Yes agree, opportunity.
    I stopped focusing on the Prizes some time ago. I have plenty of "Presentable Trophies" and some not to be displayed ones. Maybe a twisted view, but the ones hanging in the shop without plaques have the Best memories.

J

Crazydaddyo and winduptoy like this.
  6. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Binger,
    OK, I will relax. Thanks for the information and we can find our own hill to go race up.
    Good luck moving, if I was closer I'd lend a hand.

Larry

Binger likes this.
  7. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, It gets me in trouble although it has made work easier. I'm into the era of self preservation as there are still things I want to do like come see/help you race...........
    I admire your machine tools that you must have available to you to make your go fast banger creations.
    Keep us appraised of the goings on, on the salt.
    Larry

8. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Hill climbs are only fun if your turning left and right

Old Dawg likes this.
  9. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

ill try to talk to blm concerning the black rock . last land speed runs were several yrs ago , the english set the land speed record there . it was breedloves last attempt , could not get the speed . they are allowing burning man there every year , so maybe ............

10. modelAsteve

modelAsteve

The problem with Black Rock is the dust. Takes about 50 minutes to settle down. Works great for world records with one car- not good if you have 680!

11. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

well burning man doesn't care . LOL buck naked in the alkali . I only saw the 2 cars run , so I never thought of that .
    thank you steve ..............

12. Wardog

Wardog

IMG_2543.JPG IMG_2545.JPG IMG_2547.JPG IMG_2558.JPG I don't know what "rumours" are getting around about the Aussie salt but all 100 miles of it was in pretty good condition in February when I was there. The only issue was a storm that rolled in shortly after I watched a 250 mph run on Wednesday afternoon.

Pufff, Dannerr, 29bowtie and 5 others like this.
  13. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

14. Wardog,

Yeah rumors, had some members of a team heading your way when the trip was cancelled.

Like everything here, rumors are just that. Thanks for the pics, I may have to start packing a container......

John

15. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

john , I volunteer to go with you !

16. Hey Rocker,
    I have an extra new wood piece, tack strip I guess , that goes across the rear of the cab on a 28, 29 RPU it is a tad short but can be used I believe. I'm over here in Oak Hills.

ROCKER77 likes this.
  17. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Bolivia. 20476630_10213863513052337_5067628873818793957_n.jpg

18. Wardog

Wardog

Australia would love more international visitors/racers. It would be cool to see some bangers on the salt as well.

19. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

This is my Lark and my Bonneville Vega. Which came with a banger of sorts. Leaving for Melbourne. Never to be seen again. I think the guys name was Green. Find him and make him run the Vega again. S7F1KAtJ3nAX99PS4XldUA.jpg

Pufff, Dannerr, Wardog and 1 other person like this.
  20. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Rich

Don't feel bad a lot of stuff disappears to OZ without ever coming above ground again.
    My 1937 Cord 812 Sportsman went there and who know where it is now......

21. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

There's a story at Hemmings.com this morning on Austraila's ban on collector cars containing asbestos. Can't provide a link as I'm on my phone.

22. Well, I guess it's time for me acknowledge all the great stuff posted here and all the people that have posted it! Thank you, it's has been a great help in the building of my heap! I have been quietly following this thread for well over a year now.
    Hopefully, I'll have my '29 up and running in time for the h.a.m.b. drags...

23. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mephistopheles made it out...so there is hope. A '12 GP Peugeot frame is supposed to be resting in a side yard some where on that continent.

24. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

And a chopped and lowered Tatra 600 hot rod

fur biscuit likes this.
  25. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

bflat_cam_current.jpg When I get my portable oxygen concentrateor. Looks like Bonneville might be getting a little rain this morning.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  26. While some of you will be at "The Flats" some to seek top speed, others watching; I'll be up at Laguna Seca trying to keep all the parts going the same direction at the same time. This'll be the 18th year for the little car. 20150807_170845.jpg 20150807_170903.jpg

edfueler, Dannerr, 29bowtie and 10 others like this.
  27. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

very nice car . good luck !

28. 97

I had no idea that they made one with enough flow to feed a Dodge banger at 200mph.... ? Might be better than N2O! :D

28dreyer likes this.
  29. Just bought a Winfield SR carb for my T build - see my build thread on here.
    [​IMG]

Does anyone have a single downdraft intake they may wish to sell?

Many thanks,

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

waxhead and Old Dawg like this.