Register now to get rid of these ads!

Aug 2011 Banger Meet. Better late then never

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crazydaddyo, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Now, but I should have some soon.

My uncle was told that it whet over 80mph at the Antique Nats.
    Bothwell and his buddies use to take them to a local dirt track and have fun with them too.

2. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Crazzzz

Sorry we disagree...... Moldex is the only good custom crank manufacture in America

3. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Bluto,
    I would take your advice on the custom crank end of things. If I was building a billet crank, I would go to them ($2500 - $3000).

But the Scat crank for the Model T/A/B is much better then the stock crank. For most of our uses, the Scat crank is more then good enough ($1400 - $1600).

There are a few guys running Scat 5 main billet cranks at Bonneville, so we will see how that works out.

4. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Sorry to say ..... yes, there is a cost difference but there's a cost involved when the crank fails.

My feeling is that only the best is good enough.

5. Dang me! Jim, you're getting more "agreeable" everyday. You must being feeling a lot better:)

I got one of 'dem expansive cranks (over $3000)! We're finishing up the sixth season of hard racing (oval and road courses) on it; and we haven't even bothered to dig into it, to see if it's still there. The others before it would loudly announce there departure:D

JK

6. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

Ansen single carb manifold .has anyone got an Ansen single carb manifold like whats available at Reds ,i need a measurement from manifold plate to centre of carb hole or inside edge ,Reds are out of stock to measure .not sure if my extractors centre pipes will clear ,before i order to make sure ,thanks from Rod,,

7. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Sorry, I needed to translate that because I couldn't figure out what it said before. I hope somebody can help you.

-Dave

8. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

[​IMG]

Do your pipes come out straight
    Most headers start with a 90 down
    Lakes come out straight but should clear any down draft intake

9. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

Sorry about my english ,,,i am in foreign country,,thanks Bill yes i need to come thru the intake area as shown ,i made a twin intake with some flanges you supplied me but want to go back to single to get it going and sorted but i think the pipes might hit an Ansen type ,i might have to fabricate a tube type but i dont want to go to high up ,the Strombergs i run are single barrell from a 6 cylinder Holden engine ,i cant do pics at the moment ,,will try later ,

10. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Rod, no criticism intended. I just had a hard time understanding and thought others might too.

-Dave

11. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

Yeh Hi Dave ,no problem here ,i know what you mean ,i did read it back and realised its a bit jumbled ,just trying not to buy something that would hit my pipes,i probably will have to make one like Bill makes ,its my sons car and trying help him ,thanks from Rod,,

12. hotrod holland

hotrod holland

i've make it so you have less chance of leakage and easier to mount. 116.jpg

13. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself to the banger brethren. I'm very green with bangers, but I love the sound smell and feel of these engines. The only thing I've done to my engine is add a chrome side cover, regap my plugs and points, and swap out a crappy Chinese condenser! Here are some pics of my A. I have taken 5 inches out of the top and plan on new water pump, cap, rotor, points and plugs. I also have a '28 Special coupe that will be getting a stock (driver) restoration so I am soaking up a ton of info to do these correctly :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Gaters

Gaters

BTT. Subscribe.

15. Does anyone here have experiance with the dodge "Fast Four" bangers from '27-'28? I know the montana dodge boys have ran them on the salt for the past few years so i'll be shooting them an email after this, but i am looking for others with some experiance. I have been kicking around a Dodge based speedster for a while, and the dodge blocks are 5 main bearing right from the factory. I know that they are fairly rare, and nothing exists as far as speed equipment goes, but they just sounds like i fun little engine to mess with.

16. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

fast four guru is spelled "rich" (fox).

17. noboD

noboD

One of the Montana Dodge Boys is a HAMBer, maybe he will chime in here. What do you mean " no speed equipment" ? Rich has plenty of it, it's all bright yellow.

18. Ok, let me rephrase.....i can't open any catalog and order brand new speed equipment for the fast four, unlike the fords ....there has been a lot of custom and one off pieces made for them.

19. daredevilcustoms

daredevilcustoms
    from Ohio

Attached Files:

20. TV

TV

Bang-her! A lot of you only look here, so I thought I would post some videos of our Bonneville record setting blown bANGER! Thanks to H&H and all of our crew! --TV

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e5sfbJ2Jv_M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vLo4A3etUQU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

21. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

congratulation!!!! that is cool... thanks for the ride

22. Tony Montana

Tony Montana

Sounds like a cool project! I'll be happy to help where I can - shoot me an email: [email protected]

Tony

23. HotrodVon

HotrodVon

We have been happy with our Valasco billet 5 main in our racecar. A crank is NOT somthing to skimp on if your planning on making horsepower. A investment in a serious crank is a lot cheaper than blowing a complete engine to smithereens.

-Keven

24. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

My engine is not a fast four. It is the pre 1927 standard engine, with one intake port, gear driven cam and different distributer location. For "Fast Four" info I don't believe you can do beter than the Montana boys.

25. Tony Montana

Tony Montana

Thanks Rich!

I'm building one of those single inlet engines too, but it's the older (1924) 3 main block. Street motor for a fellow in Seattle: stock appearing but modern internals and some hop-up for added fun.

26. TV

TV

I will have to agree with Jim, Valasco's cranks are about the same price as Moldex. But the delivery is much longer from Moldex, given the choice the moldex is the way to go. We have a Valasco and are happy, we broke his first one. So go figure.--TV

27. HotrodVon

HotrodVon

Who is running a SCAT 5 main?

Keven-

28. noboD

noboD

Sorry Rich, I should have said a four that will be fast. Any news pics of the M&B setup?

29. Now that's sweet! Woke me up this morning! And here's the 'up next' link that came up when I played your video. Anyone know more details? It says Model T but the bell housing looks 'A'.

That's a sweet looking T your building there - what are the plans when you've finished it?

30. jim galli

jim galli

Can someone here help me identify this head? I've heard them called a cheater head. Looks 100% stock but 7:1 -ish compression. Who made it? Any info available?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for any help.