Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Auctions, meetings & placed to be june LA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by minijoey, Mar 23, 2018.

1. minijoey

minijoey

Hey there,

It has been too long bit Finally I'm going back to LA this year in june.
    Since I am flying over for work I am kinda bound to certain dates.
    I'll arrive end of may and stay for a good week till 8th/9th of june.
    So the big question: What shows shouldn't I miss?
    Are there auctions comming up? (I would love to put a model A Hotrod on a boat to europe!!!)
    And Ofcourse any advices Or heads up of where I should be Or go to.
    I can influence the flight a little bit so dates before Or after are welcome.

Thank you!

Joey

2. maneri

maneri
    from ohio

you need one more week for sure

3. minijoey

minijoey

I know, unfortunately I can't because of work. It's Gonna be a few days that i'll try to Enjoy as much as possible.

Thanks i'll check it out!

Just Gary likes this.

4. jnaki

jnaki

Hey MJ,

Not sure of your exact dates of arrival and availability, but these are several things one would want to see things that are “So Cal.” There are a ton of things to see, but if I were visiting for a limited time, I would see these things listed:

Early June events worthwhile attending: (depending on arrival dates and location in the LA Metropolitan area)
    upload_2018-3-24_6-52-34.png
    This event usually gets rid of the June gloom that inundates coastal So Cal during the early weeks of June. How? Well, it is an hour drive inland from the Cars and Coffee event in Huntington Beach. So, usually, it is not gloomy…usually. Lots of stuff and warm weather. A short drive from downtown LA eastward on the freeways, too.
    upload_2018-3-24_6-53-26.png
    NHRA Museum

The site of the NHRA drags, museum, fair, and a week later, the LA Roadster Show.

One of the best local So Cal Cars and Coffee events takes place in Huntington Beach, several blocks from the ocean. (BUT FREEWAY CLOSE) The Donut Derelicts event starts very early and when you are finished, from Huntington Beach early Saturday morning, head up to Lake Arrowhead for a 1.5 hour drive. It is one of the most beautiful mountain lakes and scenic drives in So Cal.
    upload_2018-3-24_6-54-25.png
    It is the 27th year of the event. Of course, woodies are everywhere, Doheny State Beach, Encinitas, Moonlight Beach, Santa Barbara, all through out the year, but one that fits your schedule is in pristine, Lake Arrowhead.

Jnaki

I grew up in So Cal and have driven all over the place in what seems like a zillion years that have passed. There was one drive that I had mentioned to another visitor to So Cal back in February. It is a combination coastal cruise, curvy coastal mountain roads made famous in the tv, videos, and movies. Then it is back to LA or where ever you are staying for your work/vacation. (That family wanted to see the Petersen Museum in LA.)

In February, the weather was pretty nice. In June, it may be gloomy, but it has been known to be quite sunny at times. As far as the traffic, February was one of the best times for this coastal/mountain trip. In June, it may be a little crowded on the weekends.

HAMB Thread:
    judgeyoung said:

So far... LAX at 9 AM ish Friday. Petersen's for me while wife does the Walk of Fame (the wife IS with me), Bob's Big Boy for late lunch. We are staying near the Anaheim Convention center. What do I need to plan on the ride down? Looks like Donut Derelicts early Sat morning. Keep em'coming!

Hey JY,
    So, as long as you are near LAX at 9:00 am, you might want to take this drive as described on the list below. LAX, Santa Monica, Malibu, Pt. Mugu, Encinal Canyon to Mulholland Highway, to Topanga, to Santa Monica and LA Petersen Museum, all in a 3 hour drive. We have taken this road trip a few times along Mulholland. It has been depicted in movies and books in all sorts of stories.

But, the coastal drive from Santa Monica to PT. MUGU is one of the best in So Cal, it never gets old. We have driven it a million times to and from other So Cal cities, the latest being during Thanksgiving weekend. Here is the best example of this great drive.

Take your time as the scenery is the typical So Cal coastal and mountains. Be careful on Mulholland Drive. We, So Cal drivers aren’t all a bunch of tailgating clods…

Jnaki

It is a fun drive, beautiful scenery and now, after finishing it, you can say you experienced So Cal at its finest. Have fun: any questions, pm me… Your phone GPS should show you the way. But, double check, before you leave.
    upload_2018-3-24_6-57-57.png
    upload_2018-3-24_6-58-11.png
    Have a fun So Cal drive and relax, you are on a mini vacation...
    upload_2018-3-24_6-58-49.png
    upload_2018-3-24_6-59-9.png
    ·

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018

JNAKI, FEB 14, 2018EDITDELETE!REPORT!

5. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

LA Roadster show/swap meet! June 15, 16.

6. minijoey

minijoey

thanks so much you guys! Defenitly going to check that out.
    @jnaki I think your proposals should fit in my schedule so those are on the list!
    Anybody knows where there is a scrapyard close by that has a 47-48 oldsmobile coupe?
    Need some parts for my project

jnaki likes this.
  7. minijoey

minijoey

Booked my ticket, ill be landing on the 31st of may in and leaving the on the 10th of june.
    Hopefully there will be a car coming back with me to The Netherlands :D

8. minijoey

minijoey

Hey You guys, bags are packed and im about to leacve. So far Im going to Pomona swap meet, peterson museum, lake arrowhead, OPGI pontiac show and the huntington beach. If any of you guys got some more tips for my stay let me know.
    Doesn't always have to be car related