Register now to get rid of these ads!

Auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3window31, Jan 9, 2014.

1. 3window31

3window31
    from AZ

There is a 3 day long auction in Yuma AZ starting Friday at Dicks Auto Salvage. There is lot of Hamb style items at the auction. There is a 40 Ford coupe, a 36 Ford sedan, a Model A pickup, a Tall T and other cars. They are unrestored or hot rodded cars with prime sheet metal on them. There is also vintage tool boxes and tools and other collectable items. The owner passed away last June, the wrecking yard has been there a long time. If you are in driving distance you better high tail it over, the cars go on Friday, the collectable and stuff in the building goes on Saturday and Sunday.

2. big M

big M

Do you have further info on this sale, such as auction company info, times, etc?

---John

3. Dave L

Dave L
    from Idaho

4. 3window31

3window31
    from AZ

Smart auctions is the one. They only have pictures on the website of a fraction of the stuff. I just got back from todays auction. I snagged a vintage Mac tool box bottom with a Snap On side hanger. The tool box that sold after the one I bought went for $40, it was a vintage tool box, I'm not sure of the brand, it had both the top and bottom, it looked like it could have been pre 1960. Everything has a 10% buyers premium. The Model A truck went for $1250.00, the 36 Ford went for $2500.00 and the 40 Ford went for $4750.00 the price of the cars were before the 10% premium. They only sold the stuff outside today. There is a large metal building full of stuff that will be sold Saturday and Sunday.