Register now to get rid of these ads!

Auburn Speedster. Off topic here or not??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BBobb, Mar 7, 2011.

1. BBobb

BBobb

Ok i am sure that you folks will think i am full of crap on this one,but here goes. I got a phone call around lunch today from a buddy. The first words out of his mouth were,do i want a free car. The first thought that come to mind was what the hell at worst i could part it or scrap it out. The next words was it is a 1936 Replica Auburn Speedster Boat tail complete down to the hardware and wire wheels less motor and tranny.Now my question is,Is this car off topic here and does anyone on here have one i could run a few questions past for a little knowledge. I am picking it up tomorrow afternoon and will post pic's later in the evening

2. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

There have been a number of Auburn replicas built over the years, some of them were very nice but others were awful.

3. OT or not OT, I would be happy with a phone call like that! :)

4. BBobb

BBobb

I have been around the car while it was at my buddies shop.The fact that it so complete is the real charm..My wife googled pic's of it and fell in love right away. That was the first hurdle to keeping it around

5. Built one back in the eighties and I still like them. It's fun with cars and that has always been traditional to me. Add free to that and it's a sexual experience.

6. What motor/trans is it set up for?

7. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

I have a set of 17 inch double sided whitewalls off a Auburn speedster if you need rubber.

8. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

That made me laugh! I show my wife pic's of what the car could look like when I'm done. She gives the go head and then I buy it and show her pics of what it looks like now, lol.

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yuppers to that. I always thought one would look great without all the frufru that guys usually try to stick on one of those and turn it out more like what Some of the European sporting cars of the era were like. Black walls and a mean no nonsense look that meant business.

10. Your really pushing it hotrod1940.

11. They can be made to look really awesome, most of them were set up with the wrong wheel off set and stance, etc. Man the price is right, you can't go wrong. Have fun with it!

12. kustomsrule

kustomsrule
    from L A

I've got one in the garage; drove it in ten years ago to do an engine rebuild and never got around to it. Now the front clip is off and a 460/C6 is on the ground next to it. First thing you need to do is find out who's the manufacturer, what engine and trans are in it. I probably can't be much help but I'll try if you need me.

13. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Well this started with a replica kit.....
    [​IMG]

14. toolman1967

toolman1967

My favorite of all time, I would take it without a second thought.

15. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

When I was a kid, around 1964, I got to pump gas into an original. The guy had a 413 Chrysler engine in it and was driving it across country. I've been in love with that body style ever since. Some of them were built on 70s Ford galaxy running gear.
    I'm not sure the HAMB is the right place to discuss a kit car but it doesn't look like you have upset the keyboard Nazis too much.

16. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Brian, that's a no brainer. Go for it but please no flat black body, eh?

17. Those are the kind of phone calls that I like to get...pick it up and fix it up