Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Auburn Dash Repo (not panel)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by louisb, Apr 12, 2018.

1. louisb

louisb

Hi,

Does anyone know if someone is reproducing the Auburn dash? The metal part, not the panel.

Thanks,

--louis

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. .... sadly, he no longer makes them. He's a HAMB'r too. We should have bought more.

@KKrod ..... line 3 .... it's for you.

XXXOOO Jamie C from Dallas

louisb likes this.
  3. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Years ago I had my body shop make a steel Auburn style dash for my stock Auburn insert in a Henry 32 roadster. Nobody could tell the difference. I've since been lucky enough to score a complete Auburn dash and insert for my 32 3 window and my 32 roadster.

kidcampbell71 and louisb like this.

4. louisb

louisb

Thanks for the input. I have seen the real ones pop up here for sale from time to time. Guess I will just need to keep my eye open.

Thanks,

—louis

5. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I saw a nice Auburn sedan steel dash sell for 500 without the insert at last years LARS

louisb likes this.
  6. louisb

louisb

That is not too bad. Ones I ha e seen on the Ham have been around $1,000. Maybe one will come up on ePay.

—louis

7. alchemy

alchemy

There was somebody making an aluminum dashboard for the repro Auburn inserts a while ago, but I can't remember who or where. And for some reason I think it had a bead on the bottom edge, which is not what the real ones looked like.

They aren't really complex shapes. If you can find some off-breed early 30's dash with a deep upper roll, you could make the flat bottom half with just two easy brakes since the bottom edge is a V.

louisb likes this.