Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Attn slot car folks.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustomkat, May 19, 2011.

1. kustomkat

kustomkat

Brought to you by: John Parker of Juan and Sons Productions
    Jack Rudy of The Beatniks
    Geoff Mohr of Headhunters Kustom Kars

As we all know the West Coast Kustoms Paso-Maria 2011 is right around the corner in Santa Maria, Ca. For those interested slot car people out there that may be in town Thursday night, dig out those old slot cars. My good pal Steve Foster has offered to open up his slot car tracks for a Thursday night get together prior to the weekend festivities. Steve is a lifetime resident of Santa Maria, as well as owner of Foster’s Body and Paint since 1976. He is an avid car and boat builder, and currently campaigns 2 Nostalgia Eliminator cars. Located right next door to the body shop is his slot car building. This is a full service slot car facility which he used to host birthday parties at. Unfortunately, the track is closed most of the time, but he has agreed to open it up for all the SLOT CAR folks out there. He has both a drag strip, with timing capability, as well as a couple large oval tracks set up. There is also a large slot car museum set up on the second level with slot car memorabilia from the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s. All this takes place on Thursday May 26, 2011 from 5pm till 8 pm. The raceway is located 2 blocks east of the Santa Maria Inn off of Park St. There is no cost for the use of the track. It is just designed to have a good time. We will probably even get some pizza and sodas. There will be perferred parking in the lot for Kustoms and Hotrods. Fosters Raceway is located at 305 E. Oak St in Santa Maria.

If you have any questions, please feel free to give Geoff a call at (805)714-0213.

<O:p</O:p
    On a side note, keep the number handy. My mostly full service shop is located just outside of town for those that may need to make some un-planned repairs. I have the tools/welders (RUSK), you provide the labor. I DO NOT own a business and am not pimping myself for retirement. I have just been a long way from home and know how it feels to be broken down away from home. I was lucky enough to meet a good dude last year for putting the offer out&#8230; Maybe I will meet another...

Last edited: May 22, 2011
  2. kustomkat

kustomkat

ATTN BAD BOB...... John says to dig out all your slot car stuff....

As a side note, Steve has a large selection of slot car tires and parts that will probably be availiable for those with cars that haven't seen day light in years...

3. kustomkat

kustomkat

Bttt only 5 days......