Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Attn MINN.. Hambers roadster swap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paperdog, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Hey kids i will be at the roadster swap sunday -tomorrow find me and get a free gift
    its good really

look for the grey suburban with enclosed trailer ...

Say the secret phrase

"hey paperdog"

" wheres my free gift ?"

2. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Im coming up. I will be on the look out. Is there anything happening around town today or tonight?

3. Me i'll be packing more stuff most of the day then resting
    i'm old and can not run with the pack

4. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I am not surprised that Paperdog entices "kids" with free gifts

5. Do not take any popcorn from the container on my lap ... Well i warned ya

6. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I will be packing today and installing the electric fence zapper to the trailer.
    The flashlight guys who like to dig through boxes while I'm still waiting to get in at 5am are in for a surprise this year;)

7. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Nothing bothers me more about being a seller at a swap meet then the flashlight shoppers!! I get REAL CRABBY when I have people trying to shoot me lowball offers while I am trying to get the stuff I'm selling out of the truck!! I'm not a morning person anyway, so to beg me to dig something out for you so that once it's out you can offer me half what I have it marked before anyone else has even seen it? I don't think so........
    I guess that's why I only sell at this swap meet, and only about every 5 years or so.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  8. You guys are funny - I'm going to get the biggest/brightest LED I can find!

9. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, I'm going there to clean out my garage a little and SELL stuff, so I don't know if it's a good idea to be asking for more. But I'll probably stop and intro myself anyway!

We're about 3 hours west of the Twin Cities, will be leaving around 2 AM. Bleccchh!

11. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

"You guys are funny - I'm going to get the biggest/brightest LED I can find!"
    The first time you have a small but valuable part disappear when 4 guys with flashlights start opening bins in your trailer while others are opening bins in the bed of the truck it wont seem as funny.
    The old distract and steal routine.

12. just stand there long enuf with the light so i can get the rest spread out i said ya could have sumtin ..
    chances are good it was your stuff any way

13. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

good luck paperdog---wish I was there to help you

14. flash lights huh? goofy bastards.

15. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Just heading out.Isnt much that will get me up at 3am anymore other than this swap.
    See you hooligans there.

16. brjnelson

brjnelson

I just tell them I will drop the prices as time goes by, they can come back later and offer less closer to closing time. Most of them do not want to chance someone else getting the parts they want.

Man, the swap was HUGE I ran out of money and had to borrow $300 from my dad. Saw many HAMBers , Marcy was going to drive home to Texas after the swap, I could not do that after walking around at a swap for 6 hours, hope she makes it.

17. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

hey PaperDog, did you sell that panel you got from Chaddilac?

18. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I sure would like to sell mine!

19. Bull

Bull

Sold half my pile and managed not to buy anything. Put some folding paper in my pocket and got to spend the day with my dad and friends. Not a bad day.

Only thing that pissed me off was seeing a pair of Model A fenders that I sold cheap ($16 for the damn PAIR) in the morning to some dude who beat me down on my price of $20 for the pair -- come back by my booth with a different owner who had just bought them for $50. I guess I left $34 on the table on that one, but I thought I was doing a guy a solid.

20. Didn't buy much. Had fun hanging with my brother.

21. I am home did not shop at all ??!

Sunny brisk windy day
    do not know how many swappers more than ever ..
    We were allowed to set up close to the food and the porta loo .. Actually was ok folks had to wait in line by both so traffic was good and then got to see plenty of yocal hambers
    jalopy jim
    msra#3
    sunroof cord
    patinasteve
    titus
    stichbitch ( took huge roll of burlap)
    hemijoel(sold that virgin duece!!!!)
    not so local stickshift

but it made my day when a very young lady yelled real loud "hey paperdog where's my free gift "

wicked 63 duece ... Family
    they said she was asking people all over that matched the vague description i had posted here

sold some not all gave alot away took more home than i wanted too

saw a few thing go by with new owners that i would have checked on but could not..
    Sent phone pics to pf maybe he can repost them here

thanks to those that said hey and all of youse that paid attention

22. BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

What a great day, huge turn out of vendors and a lot of eye candy, spent the whole morning roaming around with my son. Bought a couple of aircleaners from Bull, a nice stack of little spotlight how-to mags and about 150 other early 60's HOT ROD, CARS, ROD & CUSTOM, CAR CRAFT, MOTOR TREND, POPULAR HOT RODDING and SPEED MECHANICS magazines and some tools for the shop and a few other misc. pieces. We walked so much that we had to stop and catch a quick nap in a gas station parking lot just west of the cities so we could make it home in one piece.....cant wait until next year. Scott

23. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Tokyo and I were there selling stuff- Had a lot of fun... I think I was up for a stretch of 48 hours! :) It was nice seein everybody-

24. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Sold a set of wheels to another HAMB'r and that was about it.The market seemed a bit thin for Whippet and Essex radiator shells,lol.
    The Roadster swap to me is more than a swap.It's the last social gathering of a huge group of friends I wont see again until the GSTA show.It's the last chance to give (and get) crap from folks I have seen every summer for 30+ years even if after all this time I dont know their names.The guy on the scooter....the guy who always asks about parts but never buys thing....the guy who drops by the swap space and gives me shit about my parts....the old guys who are always there but your not sure they will around next year. Was a good day.

25. no free gift, toolate a posting for a out of towner who went to the bonnivell show!!
    bought a carb at swap and won one on e bay too but not free!!!
    hope to see some of you next year too

26. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

Hey Dan, nice to meet you, and thanks for the gloves.

I was going to bring my barn find '32 down there to sell it, so I spend saterday morning digging out junk to haul down there and try to sell. But then I sold the car saterday night, and didn't have time to finish loading my parts. It was late, so I decided not to even try to get up at 3:30 AM to go sell junk.

So we went down there at about 7 as spectators/shoppers, bought 3 parts, wanted lots more. The $ from the 32 was burning a hole in my pocket, so I had to keep reminding myself that I didn't sell something great just to buy something mediocre. Lots of tempation there.....

Joel

27. Bull

Bull

It was nice to "meet" you and your son. It was pretty funny how that deal went down too. It was still dark out and one guy had already given me the $10 I was asking for the two nice chrome air cleaners, then finds something he didn't like so I give him his money back. BLUECOLLARCUSTOMS picks them up seconds later and promptly hands me the $10 I was asking while the first guy walks away with his tail between his legs. Thanks again, you brought a smile to my face in the wee hours of the morning while it was still dark out!

28. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

I had a great time. Set up with my brothers so I had some time to roam. I sold a bunch of crap out of the barn and was happy. Scored on a nice 36 speedo and working temp gauge and a really nice 40 radio.

Doug

29. BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

Hey Bull, Seems I have met a few hambers over aircleaners in the dark flashlight shopping, I "met" Titus a few years ago at this same swap meet when we both dug matching Cal Custom aircleaners out of a box at the same time, I ended up giving him the one I had, didn't realize it was him until he posted his pics the next day. I'll introduce myself next time......promise. Scott

30. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

I had a great time there yesterday. And thanks Paperdog for the gloves.