Register now to get rid of these ads!

Attn Michigan Hamers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOT ROD DAVE, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Will do, most likely just to push! I may end up NOT at Autorama. I'll force the bride to take the clones to the Heritage Tour at least! I'm trying to make it back at least for Sunday.

2. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

danimal - sorry for not getting a chance to meat up with ya been a rough week ending and looking forward to this weekend will give ya a call and glad to hear the boys tried to help ya

3. Home is Auburn Hills. Currently, I design car interiors, supporting various OEM manufacturers. In a previous life, I was a defense-contractor fabricator specializing in composite lay-ups for aircraft....Carbon fiber, Aramid, Kevlar etc.

4. kookee

kookee

My name is Adam and I am in Rochester Hills. I plan to be at Autorama, multiple days hopefully.

I would love to participate, especially if it will get me out of shoveling snow for once..:D

5. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

7 pages of GMBs! Not so bad. Hope to make some of Autorama. Plans are rapidly going down the toilet thanks to the flying weather. Got stuck in Chicago going to Sao Paulo last week and my meeting has been rescheduled for next week. It doesn't look good for the Heratige Tour at this point...

Anyway, saw a Davids Towing red truck along the side on 94 at Vining Rd on the way to the airport Thursday, was that you? I beeped and waved. Did you see me?!!!

We've got to make sure we get to the HAMB Meet & Greet at to Finkosel. I think Denise planned for noon each day.

Hope to do some truck work. Weather doesn't suck too bad right now.

6. doozcoupe

doozcoupe

Makes it hard to write your name in the snow don't it? By the way i'm from Three Rivers.

7. dart165

dart165

Chris- Automotive designer for GM. Have a few old mopars. and I'm an avid junk collector...

Good to know theres quite a few local heads. we should get a mailing list together for all the local ish going on for when it's not, ya know...a retarded temperature outside.

8. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

I'm in Ann Arbor and my cars are in Ypsi. I'll have the 1928 Roadster in the basement of Cobo in a couple of weeks. Stop by and say "hello". If you want to see some great cars (including my junk), stop by 884 Railroad St in Ypsilanti the FIRST SATURDAY of every month from about 9AM to 11AM- Guy

9. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

884 Railroad street looks like an impound yard on mapquest! You must have a ton of cars, Guy!!

10. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

The impound yard is next door (Budget Towing). We are in the enclosed building (white cement w/red door)just before (Memory is slipping, the address may be 886?) Budget and right after the new EMU condominium. We have about 100 really cool cars inside. Drop by any first Saturday for our open house!

11. mecutem

mecutem

Steve here from south central michigan. Not close to anything but corn and bean fields. I am about 40 miles straight west of our state capital. I do mostly body and frame work here with a hot rod or restoration thrown in. Sold the only driver hot rods I owned so now its just project car 32's that I never seem to find time to work on. Steve

12. sephgato

sephgato
    from fenton

Hi everybody, I'm joe, I live in fowlerville and I like bugpacs avatar!

13. uncleAud

uncleAud

18 miles east of Alma and a mile south...drive a 51 chopped studebaker, workin on a 57 T-bird, got the proverbial 26 T settin in the corner waitin its turn behind my 59 apachie. I don't have that many birthdays left..somebody needs to make me an offer!!

14. ChopTopJimmy

ChopTopJimmy

Plainwell, 15 miles north of Kalamazoo. CTJ

15. Sorry I didn't see this earlier...

I live in down town Rochester. I a bit of a novice at welding/fabricating so I could, and would love to, help out with projects.

I really need to get my 59 on the road this year. If I could get some mechanical help getting my car running again, while I finish up the metal work, I'd gladly return the favor.

Meanwhile... If you happen to see me around town (shows, Woodward, Mt Clemens, etc.) in my summer daily (non-HAMB car), stop up, say "heya Tommy" and introduce yourself.

Attached Files:

16. Benjamin

Benjamin

Kalamazoo

Relix C.C./M.C.:cool:

17. Old Gold

Old Gold

Another here from Bay City. I'll be hitting in my 52 Packard this summer.

18. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Make sure you show up for Billetproof Detroit and look around for Denise to have a Meet and Greet. Last year it was in by the pinstripers but we clogged it up pretty good!

Still working on Court's truck. Getting there but too many business trips taking me away on the weekends.

Anyone up for the 1st to come on down to finish her up??

19. Does anyone know if the Depot Town Cruise in Ypsi started yet? I'd like to go at least once before I start the new job... ;)

Also, there is finally gonna be a Sonic here in Michigan! It's on Fort Street, between Pennsylvania and Eureka in Southgate... supposed to open Wednesday!

Jay

20. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Pretty sure they start the first of may but i could be wrong..
    Dave

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I will not be at BilletProof this year. I've made other plans to attend the GG Indy event that weekend. Someone else will have to take the lead and organize the Meet & Greet.

Might be a neat place to have a HAMB gathering one night.

22. Scott K

Scott K

Jay,
    The Orphan car show is on June 1st in the park at Depot Town and the cruise nights start on June 5th.

Scott

23. Damn.

That weekend is the last Cub Scout Camping trip for the year... I'm Cubmaster so I kinda gotta go...

It's also the Red Bull Air Races over the river, and Tom Petty is playing the Palace!

Next year, we're NOT having it on that weekend. ;)

Thanks for the heads up.

Jay

24. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

the sonic on Fort Street is open. Is on the South Bound Lanes. and there is plenty of room for parking..Nice Place!

25. Tricknology

Tricknology
    from DETROIT

first big yearly event in Michigan is on June 14, 2008

Cruisin' Gratiot is an annual, week long celebration of automotive history, tradition and memorabilia in the City of Eastpointe, MI.
    The events include many car shows, contests and family outings; all culminating in a day long extravaganza centering on one of the most time honored traditions in Detroit history...Cruisin' Gratiot.
    This site will be your best and most reliable source for information on the cruise. Stop by regularly for updated scheduling and other information, and please remember to support our sponsors; without whom none of this would be possible.
    We look forward to seeing you all again on June 14, 2008. This website will continue to be updated as new info becomes available, so feel free to stop by on occasion to see what's happening!

http://cruisin-gratiot.com/

anyone going?

26. TheHviz

TheHviz

No car yet but I live over in Wyoming, right around the corner from the heart of the metro cruise on 28th street.

27. VERNOR-GREEN GARAGE

VERNOR-GREEN GARAGE
    from Michigan

Hi
    Allen Park Mich here, too many projects going on will be driving my black 60 Studebaker Lark soon, 51 Stude truck in progress, 54 Studebaker Bonneville car will be started on this fall!
    The downriver cruise is great! traffic isnt bad June 28th
    Jerry
    KOOZI Racing

28. tfee

tfee

Living and working out of Livonia, drive a 1922 Ford T Depot Hack

29. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

JUST found this thread. no time to read it right now. too many projects goin on... i'm in Charlotte (South West of Lansing about 20(ish) miles).... i sell Air ride kits and punch louvers.

30. rev616

rev616

im in kalamazoo..you will usually catch me on my bike which i drive daily
    [​IMG]

but i do have my other toys like my new 51 deluxe,which will hopefully be driving soon
    [​IMG]

and the infamous death wagon which will probaly never see the road again,because i keep pushing it back
    [​IMG]