Register now to get rid of these ads!

Attn:Lower Al,Ms and Panhandle Hambers,Car/music show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wfopossum, Jul 25, 2009.

1. wfopossum

wfopossum

We're doing a car show /music fest here in the fairhope area this coming spring 2010,hopefully on memorial day weekend,we're not sure of the location yet.We're hoping to do it at the american legion by the bay,space permitting. The name of the event is Rumble in Paradise,we're shooting for 8-12 bands and however many hot rods we can fit in the parking area. We'll be looking for vendors,i.e. pinstripers maybe tattoo artists. A small swap meet would be great also. How many of you hambers out there would be interested in this ? I'm also open to any ideas,suggestions,constructive criticism. This is our first time doing something this big and any help would be greatly appreciated. As soon as I figure out how to post the myspace link I'll post it. Rob

2. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll try and make it over,that's a great area

3. wfopossum

wfopossum

Wow,1 hamber,looks like it's gonna be a small show. I'd like to keep this show "traditional" 64 and older but from the overwhelming response I've received on here I might have to rethink things and consider later model rides. C'mon fellow hambers,let's make something happen here in the area besides cruisin the coast!

4. Philbilly

Philbilly

I would definitly make it. I think it would be a great thing to do on Memorial day weekend. I know 3 other hambers that I'm sure would come too. I'm surprised they hadn't posted yet.

5. slepe67

slepe67

where the HELL is Fairhope, AL??? If my car's done, count me in! Either way, I'll make it!

6. If I'm in town I'll be around.

7. RClark

RClark

Sounds cool to me. I'll be there. Although holiday weekends are sometimes a little harder for me to get out of working.

8. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

I'd go to see something like that.

9. wfopossum

wfopossum

Fairhope's across the bay from mobile,and the American legion is on scenic 98,just do a search for post 199.We hope to use the legion if we can work out the parking issues,might have to do a shuttle from the pier.It's a cool old building and you can't beat the location. We'd like to do a short rod run in the morning before the show if we can work it out. Doe's anyone know any vendors that might be interested in this show?

10. wfopossum

wfopossum

Ok we have a venue for this event confirmed,it's going to be held at a place called Burnouts in saraland al. We have most of the bands confirmed,but we might need more if we make this a 2 day event. It's a 22 acre site so we can have as many cars/bikes as we want and there's plenty of room for camping.The date for the show is memorial day weekend,may 29th,maybe the 30th too if we can work it out. We'll have more details soon,and we'll be setting up a website for car/bike registration and info.We're still looking for vendors,this is also our first experience with an event this big so any constructive input would be appreciated.

11. wfopossum

wfopossum

12. Lindsor

Lindsor

So glad I found this!

This is all still a work in progress, but it's definitely going to be a ton of fun. Any info on vendors would, local clubs, etc. would be greatly appreciated.