Register now to get rid of these ads!

ATTN: Kansas and surrounding area HAMBers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sinister13, Dec 3, 2006.

1. sinister13

sinister13

Ok guys, we have plans in the works for another show here in Emporia Ks. Were looking to put on something like Kruizin the Heartland, Greaserama, Stray Kat 500, etc.... so heres the thing, it all started out with wanting a little get togerther BBQ and has escalladed into putting on a small (one day for now), fun (good food and music), somewhat traditional ( 50's-60's) style show.
    Basically this means cars like you see here on the hamb, no muscle cars, no big time billet cars, just good ol' fashioned hot rods, kustoms, cool bikes... just like you see at these other shows. We probably, much like you, just can't get enough of this stuff, and are bored with normal type shows. It's not that we already don't have great shows to attend, but whats one more close (or central) one to throw in the mix. So what I'm asking for is your help in figuring out a good date, so as not to have this thing on the same date as a nearby show. The other thing is we wanted to kinda get a response as to about how many of you this would interested?
    Were planning this now for 07', and no matter how big, the show will go on. So let me know, and if you have any questions or suggestions, put it on here, pm me, or call Greg @ 620.342.6293, he can answer some questions during normal work hours.

Thanks Guys, Ryan

2. What part of the state is Emporia in?

3. Rand Man

Rand Man

south of Topeka on I 35. I might want to go.

Attached Files:

4. Domn8r

Domn8r
    from Helena, MO

Early June ...... should be warm enough for roadsters and cars w/o heaters to travel in.

5. ponchoman

ponchoman

Sounds like it could be a good time. Probably get a bunch of us Okies up there for it.

6. mongo51

mongo51

Depending on the date. I'd come fore sure.Pro. bring some of my freinds with there bikes and cars to.Also I could talk to a pin stripper freind to.

7. guiseart

guiseart

Long as you don't interfere with the HAMB Drags, I will be there!
    All us middle staters should get together once in awhile anyway... I was just on the phone with Jay (NoSurf) about that - getting a "cruise" together or two.

8. "Doc" Parsons

"Doc" Parsons

9. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

Count me in!!! I sold the HAMBCHARGERS Dodge, so I`ll try to throw something else together.

Tom T.

10. Abomb

Abomb

Well I'm a pretty busy guy in the summertime, since I'm the road captain in my motorcycle club, but I'll give it a try.

11. NoSurf

NoSurf

Sounds like fun.

I'll be hosting another Kansas HAMB-B-Q at my place in Abilene KS the end of April.

Keep us posted.

12. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Maybe i'll have tags and insurance by then. :)
    Depends on your point of view, but we call it the middle of...

13. sinister13

sinister13

wow, guys this is why i love the hamb!, put an idea out there and bam great response! anyway so we still need to figure out a good day, sounds like sometime in late spring, early summer for good driving weather. were hoping to get this park that has shade and a out door ampitheater, and will hold all the cars. is there anything going on between may, and first weekend in june? and what is the rest of april like? I think the lawrence show is like 3rd weekend in may?, and when is dewey again? alot of the stuff is later in the season so early on might be the best time.

14. warbozz

warbozz

I'd definitely want to show up. I think Kruisin' the Heartland falls on the Memorial day weekend, and I think there is a show planned in east MO for the first weekend of June. I'd pick early May myself, but that's just me maybe.

15. June 18th, I'll be 53 and I want cake and icecream. Ya don't gotta sing but if ya do maybe I'll even smile and have a good time for ya.
    Oh as usual I won't be driveing anything of note. I don't fit in on purpose.

16. Lil' Toot

Lil' Toot
    from Tulsa, OK

I'd imagine some of us Them! Tulsa guys would be willing to make the trip! Stray Kat (Dewey) is usually first weekend in May, but you'd have to check with Micky to be certain. Starbirds Hall of Fame shin-dig and his revival of the Merc/Deuce Reunion is May 11-12. Just two shows you might want to steer around.

17. cadillac daddyo

cadillac daddyo
    from wichita ks

i'd go when ever is fine with me as long as it dosent happen on the same date as any of the other shows around here the good ones i mean

18. chopshopboss65

chopshopboss65

Sounds like fun to me, count me in. I'll even help out just let me know.

Richard

19. Abomination

Abomination

I've been watchin' this thread. I'd like to have something finished by then to drive to it!

Also, The Mrs & I have been working on reproducing some vintage travel decals with color, registration, and quality like the originals never had! They're on clear vinyl, stick-on from the inside, full color with white ink behind it so the light won't bleed through. Maybe I'll bring some to hock if y'all are interested - my wife is even working on a set of travel stickers with a pinup-style devil girl for each state!

~Jason

20. redvalkyrie

redvalkyrie
    from Tulsa, OK

Don't have a kustom or rod that would qualify to enter but I'd love to make the drive from Tulsa.

21. sk8ncruz

sk8ncruz
    from pratt, ks

sounds like fun keep us posted, not to far to drive

22. I'm in. Sounds like a great time.

23. steele138

steele138

sounds like a good time;we'll play
    steele

24. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Ryan,

Good idea we need another kool show in the Mid-West. I think the first two
    weekends in June would be kool. Dewey this year will be May 4,5 & 6th 2007.
    I gaurantee that the 18 inches of snow will be gone by then. Ha, ha, I hope??
    FYI, I'm involved with a show in Lamar, Mo. the 23rd of June. When you get
    something set up, send me some flyers and I'll throw them in our bags at the
    Stray Kat 500.

Happy Trails,

Mick

25. Bull

Bull

Unrelated to this post, but since the Kansas folks are checking in, I thought this would be a good opportunity to ask you guys for some assistance. I recently purchased a 31 Ford Tudor from a guy in Atchison. I am trying to find some history on the car. I have some notes from the guy who did the bodywork dating back to 1997. I was also told by the previous owner that the car was built by a gentleman who passed away right after the car was completed. I was just wondering if anyone else knew of the car . . . knew any more of the history. Thanks in advance.

These pics were taken by the previous owner in Kansas:
    68_3.JPG

85_3.JPG

90_3.JPG

26. sinister13

sinister13

thanks Mick, great to get some good inspiration from shows like yours. right now i'm keeping my eye on June 9, that way there is one week in between each show, that and it would be like a triple play, dewey, lawrence, emporia... so not set in stone yet but looking good. if you dont mind i may pm you on some good advice and tips to doing something like this. and yes getting some flyers out would be great. thanks Ryan.

27. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Send me a pm and I'll give you my opinion. (right or wrong??)

Happy Trails,

Mick

28. 46chevy

46chevy
    from reeds,mo

i'm in. need more shows like dewey!

29. displaced_kiwi

displaced_kiwi
    from Olathe KS

I'd attend. Looks like a good target date to get my project on the road!

30. jthuma94

jthuma94

Gosh... A show in Emporia... Don't know if I can make it all that way. Great idea Ryan! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Thuma