Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects ATTN: INDY AREA Tig Time looking for tig welding projects

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LOPESphotographics, May 15, 2013.

1. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

I work on a web series for weld.com and we are shooting episodes Tig Time on location at the speedway with our Tig Expert, Wyatt Swaim aka "Mr. Tig" for a week (May 15-21). Anyone in the area that is in need of a tig welding expert (and free welding) feel free to respond on this tread.

If you are willing to work with us in shooting an episode of the show with your project.

Please describe your repair/weld.
    Pictures are important.
    What type of metal is involved.
    What size is the part/weld. (Rough description)

No, this is not a scam.
    Yes, I am serious.
    Google search it if you'd like.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

2. rjaustin421

rjaustin421

I attended a Tig seminar at the PRI show a few years back and Wyatt Swaim was the facilitator. This man really knows his craft and is very down to earth. In fact at the end I asked about welding aluminum heads if you did not have a big amp machine, he was very clear in how to get a good weld with preheating and specifically said that for a shop that welds few heads each year it does not pay to get a 300 amp unit.

I found this impressive as the seminar was sponsored by Lincoln and he was being paid by them...Wyatt coulda just said buy a new Lincoln tig and quit fooling around with smaller machines. Heads up guy in my book.

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  3. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

If you want to get back in touch with him weld.com is an immediate link to him. There he responds to welding questions, and all of our videos are there for your convenience.

We are actually going to repair a fractured exhaust manifold from one of my motors.

4. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

Bump

5. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Even better deal than that is to join the counter crew at the world famous Charlie Browns Pancake House each morning. I heard Wyatt has breakfast there...:eek::D
    Bout 7:00 will work........:eek:

6. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

7. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

Just let us know if you would like to participate! If you'd like you can PM me.

8. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

Day two Bump.. If you are gonna be around the garage @IMS come say hi! ImageUploadedByTJJ1368800597.206847.jpg

9. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Heard you guys fixed a Harley in the Gasoline Alley yesterday. Got any pics of that one ????

10. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

I will send ya the video when we get it up!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Tig welding aluminuim clad stainless?!?? Trying to figure it out right now....ok I am eating dinner.... any ideas?