Register now to get rid of these ads!

Attn: HA/GRs, etc. Std. 1320 drags April 14th in AZ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stan292, Feb 11, 2007.

1. stan292

stan292

Hey gang!

Just wanted to post a reminder - and another call for participants regarding the Standard 1320 group's nostalgia drag races at Speedworld in Surprize, AZ (near Phoenix).

Its happening on Saturday, April 14th, and will be a "for fun" deal very similar to the HAMB drags - except with nitro added!

The Standard 1320 group is made up mostly of old dragster guys, and is chock full of true legends from the glory days of the front-engined diggers (1955-1971).

A feature of the event will be live-fire "cackles" of golden age fuel cars (there are over 30 such cars registered already), and a ton of other cars and stars from the days of yore - including the Nationals-winning '55 gasser shown below.

The event is open to non-members too - and over 50 of them are committed so far. Here's your chance to get in on the fun. Virtually any of the race cars that run at the HAMB drags will be welcomed. The HA/GRs would be right at home - and very much appreciated for what they are. Most of the 1320 group cut their teeth on flatheads.

There will be plenty of opportunity for "grudge racing", and just rubbing elbows with the heavy hitters from the day. If there's any way you can make it (Speedworld at Surprise, AZ - just a few miles outside Phoenix), either as a participant or spectator, I can guarantee you'll have a great time.

If you have questions, or think you'd like to run your car, contact Ron Miller at:

[email protected]
    928-358-4537
    928-853-2439

He's a super guy, and I know he will be more than happy to chat with you.

Meanwhile, here are a couple photos of Std. 1320 member cars that will be there. If you've never witnessed a "cackle", the last picture should give you an idea of what to expect.

2. stan292

stan292

Well, I did it again guys! Fortunately, the Standard 1320 fellows managing the drag race are quite a bit sharper than me.

Sorry for the screw-up. Here are the pics.

Attached Files:

3. Chris P

Chris P
    from Tucson

Ive got all the parts i need to build my HA/GR but i dont think it will be done by then.

4. stan292

stan292

BTTT-

This needs to get more looks. It's gonna be something real special - and is perfect for us HAMBers.

5. Man! I want to go but I know I've got a work conflict! :-(

6. ANewBeat

ANewBeat
    from Floriduh

More proof that I live in the wrong part of the country.

7. So are lowly street cars allowed to run? I so want to GO!!!

8. stan292

stan292

Kerry -

Get in touch with Ron Miller - contact info is in my original post above. He's the "event master".

Good luck in getting there. Let me know if you end up going and I'll give you a few names of good guys to look up.

9. Rand Man

Rand Man

I'd like to come, but don't think it's in the cards this year.

10. bump it to the top and I planning on going in the coupe

11. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Sounds like a heap of fun!

12. Mike

Mike

I reckon I'll bring "Thumper" out for this one too.

13. crowerglide

crowerglide
    from Tyler, TX

Randy,

You and Brad could drag both the HA/GR and the AA/FD out there. I'll buy you both a burger at the Heart Attack Grill. :D :D :D www.heartattackgrill.com