Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest ATTN: CORKY COKER, lissen' up!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeem, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

I could fall flat on my face here but who cares? Corky Coker Sir, I know that there have to be more folks wanting/needing/DESIRING 16" Firestone double diamond dirt track tires more than the offered 15 inch jobs. What was your decision based on to do the 15's over the 16's?

Yep, the tall skinnies are definitely "happening" now, and yeah, I think they are very cool. Very, very cool as a matter of fact. But it's only a matter of time before people start to realize (wishful hoping on my part?! ha ha) that those big ol' bolonies are the schitt! I'm posting this publicly on the HAMB because I'd like to see some others sign up here showing support for this highly desired and, dare I say(?), ULTIMATE hot rod tire!

I want to build something like this.....
    [​IMG]
    or maybe.....
    [​IMG]
    Yep, shameless.....

So, sign up HAMBers!

•Jimmy "Jeem" Smith
    •NEXT
    Brandon (are you around?)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  2. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Trouble maker

count me in.

3. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

love them things.....koolest tire ever!

4. Sounds like your callin' Corky out!

Not knowing anything about the tire business I would think it takes a big stack of fun tickets to tool up for a new size production tire.

Corky has given the automotive public about everything people have wanted,,,I think it's just a matter of time before you will get your wish.:D HRP

5. It's all about supply and demand. I bet if there is a high demand for them, they would most likely supply them. I agree tooling up for that would be expensive. I had heard that some off the vintage tires they make are pulled from original molds. but i may be wrong on that point. So what say you Corky? Maybe he will hear about this post, and give us the low down on whats up ?

6. Offy

Offy

Its a remake of a sprint car tire, probably from original molds. Is it Corky's fault they use 15" wheels on sprint cars?

7. hemi

hemi

I also want some bias-ply N-50 15's and a matching 60 or 70 series for the front with raised white letters.

8. I'll buy a set of whatever it takes to build a VW like that.

Anyone have an Oval window Bug for sale?

JH

9. there's a fella here that has 2 on craigslist for 500.00 bucks a piece...

10. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

16 inch Double Diamonds I've gotta have. I really don't wanna pay Speedway $500 for 30 year old tires but I might have to. I told Eric the same thing yesterday, every time I see you guys set up at a swap meet I'm the one that asks when the 16" tires are coming. :)

Jeem that tub is on my build list too. You better get crackin'.

11. It's just a damn shame that "here" is 3000 miles away. I'd be a buyer on a $500 Oval.

Thanks a lot Jeem. I'm supposed to be in VW rehab. :rolleyes:

JH

12. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

There was a killer one down the street from me @ $4000, a '57, lowered with patina, built motor, etc.......

Jeem...the Bug RULES man......YOWZA!

I'd like dirt trackers too.....but in 18"...;) (yeah....wishful thinkin'...hehe)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  13. fiftyfiveford

fiftyfiveford

Sure, why the hell not. Add my name to the list

14. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

I hate you Jeem. Everything you draw is f'n sweet and makes me want it. I'm not a VW guy and I want to own a version of that bug now.

Draw a 60 Buick 4dr HT next cuz I own one already and don't have to drool over it, hehehe. ;)

15. I still want a pair of 145-15 Michelins. The latest word from Coker Long Beach is "they could be on the water, we might get some someday". Damn, that's real encouraging. :confused:

16. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

What I would do is just re-draw the rear wheels a tiny bit smaller and then the 15's would work perfect! Glad I could help ;-0

17. Muttley

Muttley

Really?!?!? IMO those tires are some of the ugliest things out there, I'm kind of surprised so many of you like them.

18. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

19. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

yep... I feel the same way...
    but I'm glad were not all into the same shit-

hope they make em jimmy-
    illustrations look coooool as i-c-e

20. Count me in fora few pairs of PROPER hiboy tyres!
    I have some ET wheels here that NEED the 16" Dirt Trackers
    Dennis Kyle's orange 32 roadster is a HUGE influence down here!

21. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Add my name to the "I want a pair" list.

Frank

22. YEAH! I'm with you Muttley!!!

23. I'm in. Want those tires!!!!!!!!!!

24. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

those would be nice

25. brandon

brandon

i asked those guys that question once before...:rolleyes: i have some of those 15" wides.....just ain't the same... there are a bunch of 16x13 big windows cryin' for 'em...:D brandon

bring back hot rod rake!!

Attached Files:

26. I want/need a set for the coupe. Ever since Coonan had 'em on his original ex-Lobeck Roadster back in the late 70's or early 80's (You know, the one Bruce Meyer F'd up), whenever the hell it was, I've thought they were tits!
    I've held off buying the 15's hoping they were coming

27. terry k

terry k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from toledo oh

I am waiting for a new set also.Just bought 2 pair of tires from them and I always ask when are the 16's coming ?I have apair on the back of my '33 sedan hiboy,but they are old and getting scary.Let's hope they come soon!!!!! Terry

28. chopper99

chopper99
    Member Emeritus

Good post Mutley, I agree.

29. BBobb

BBobb

Ok i am putting my ass on the line here.I am a FNG so could someone please post a pic of one of these tires.The last thing i want to do is act like a poser and print my opinion with out knowing what the hell i am talking about
    thanks

30. Coker.........

How about the BFG 285-75-15's Without the white wall ?

Modern day Roadster rubber. You already have the mold with white walls. Appreciate all you do !

V