Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Attn: A must read for all body people!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1959apache, Jul 6, 2010.

1. John Stimac

John Stimac

A friend of mine used to do that kind of work at a dealership, got caught and got fired. Last I heared he got a job at the local bakery decorating cakes

2. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I did a plumbing job at a really high end Jaguar dealer in Chicago about 20 years ago, the best "body man' they had was from a former Soviet province, this guy was "the best" untouchable, would squeeze all the secretarys butts and if they complained, fired them, I watched this Mr. Fantastic slab about 6 gallons of bondo on the deck lid of a 6 month old jag, the lid was so heavy that his underlings had to scramble like cheese mice to find heavier springs for the lid, he then painted this car then about a 60 grand car right out in the middle of the shop, 20 feet from me up on a ladder chopping holes in the wall to run pipes, I was dying. He gets the job done and the customer notices a bit of dust in the paint, so the body man pr%$ck runs out to the shop shakes the shit out of my ladder and says see you son of a bitch, you wrecked my job, and blind side cracks me in the head with a pipe, I was out for 3 days, never got a dime.

3. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Bondo; An accessory, to provide a base for an accessory.(paint) Of course if one isn't going to paint it, it don't need any bondo either.:D

4. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

The bondo sculpturing was done prior to my buddy buying it. It had rust bubbles so we started grinding, the more we ground the worse it got. His dad walked us through hanging new 1/4's on it and it turned out OK. Subsequent project cars were a lot more carefully inspected before laying down the ca$h...

5. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I think those guys rented the house next door to me last year, they had California plates too. Body work, roofing,driveay repair they did it all. Lived here for a couple months then took off. Hopefully back your way !! :D

6. filthy frank

filthy frank

no thanks, you can have them all ! gypsy law,when their children is old enough to go to school,they take the brat to a doctor,pop two alka seltzers in his mouth and make the kid roll on the floor and roll his eyes back, and the family gets a free ssi check every month.gypsy law,when their daughter reaches the age of thirteen, she is sold off to the highest bidder !.some guy i know, builds their race motors at every bodies elses expence.you will see them at all of the psca races.

7. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Thirteen?, too old, got a beard and mustache already.

8. filthy frank

filthy frank

and very fast hands to steal your wallet !

9. TomWar

TomWar

Back in about 1962, I had a 57 Pontiac, I parked it in front of my parents house at the end of a dead end street. Rode to work with a friend. Old man across the street backed into the Quarter panel, but never acknowledged it. While at work one day some guys knocked on my dads door, and said they would fix it "ready to paint" for
    $15.00. so my dad said OK. When I actually got around to get ready to paint it, I discovered that they had filled the whole dent with plaster of paris. What a pain!!

10. Years ago, my buddy bought a 49 Mec that sat real low in the ass. Too Low!!! He replaced the springs but it still sat too low. Upon further exploration he discovered some asshole poured concrete into the lower quarters.

11. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

what no spray foam?

12. ZRX61

ZRX61
    from The AV

Pity the guy that ever rear ends my ex Bil"s '73 Nova... there's no bondo.. but the quarters are filled with concrete for *added traction* at the strip....