Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Attic Anglia

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Magfiend

Magfiend

How about flat black and gold instead?
    20.jpg

TFoch, enloe and loudbang like this.
  2. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Flat black is cooool. Its traditional. But I already have a flamed flat black hot rod so I want to do something else. Besides, flat colors seem to be all the rage with non-trad supercar cults. Myeh.

SS327 and loudbang like this.
  3. Magfiend

Magfiend

So true...this one was red back in the day...
    42.jpg

Sky Six and THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER like this.
  4. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

As Anglia chop-tops go, that one looks pretty well done too.

5. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

I'm back on the Attic Anglia project only for a brief time. The engine for this car is coming from another donor car - this Anglia. This week the engine gets pulled from my son's Anglia and replaced by a much stouter 303 ci Ford six. That leaves me with a complete, running 243 ci six for my little beast. The 303 is a real stump puller, what with a 4" stroke but the 243 likes to rev to the moon with a cam and head work and a stroke of only 3.18". Very fun to drive.
    Some of my Loose Screw buddies will help me swap engines.

303 motor 01.JPG 1 Anglia 2.JPG 1 Anglia.JPG

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
    TFoch and Turnipseed like this.
  6. sunbeam

sunbeam

I love Anglia's but aren't they foreign cars

7. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

The design of the Anglia was a collaborative effort between US and UK Ford studios.

Much like Fiat Topolinos, Simcas, and even a few Messerschmidts and Austins, cars with a foreign lineage that were early on embraced by American rodders are very much in the traditional vein of American Hot Rodding. Many were turned into Gassers and Comp Coupes.

... if that is what you are alluding to?

chessterd5 likes this.
  8. killbilly

killbilly

I sold a 409 / 425 complete to a friend of mine,he put it in a 49 Anglia thaat had been running an sbc...took me for a ride in it ....stood it up about 30 deg ....way cool but pretty scary......sold it to him for$250....1972

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER likes this.
  9. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

WHEEEeee!!! What funnn!

10. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

The engine swap is wrapping up. The big 303 c.i. six slipped in place with no major issues. I look forward to shaking SuperDave's '48 Anglia down with the 390 Holley and Offy intake. Additional wiring work needs to be done. Many of the components are in place - lighting, fan, gauges, etc. They just need to have the wiring strung to them. In the mean time the 243 c.i. six will get outfitted with my home built tri-power and tinkered with on the engine stand to get the tune up close when it comes time to load it into the Attic Anglia chassis. The test stand points distributor will get replaced with a small cap DuraSpark distributor probably triggered by a GM HEI module. That will look like a traditional points distributor but with the reliability of a modern system. (I do not like the look of the big aftermarket HEI large cap distributors and the quality of some is suspect.) The HEI module will get hidden on a heat sink inside the car, along with a spare back-up HEI module adjacent to the active one.

When the "help" Bat Signal goes out I am thankful that my hoodlum hot rodder friends show up to help. In addition to assisting in the heavy work it gives them a chance to get out their classic rides. [I told the A owner all we'd have to do was chop a big hole in his award winning car's firewall to get that 240 in there LOL. He was not convinced.]
    243 motor 1.JPG 243 motor 3.JPG 243 motor 4.JPG 243 motor 5.JPG 303 motor 52.JPG
    hei module.png

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
    NoelC, LAROKE, brEad and 2 others like this.
  11. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

It looks like it is MEANT to be there!
    Very nice

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER likes this.
  12. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Looks good. My dad had an Anglia project for a short while back about 1966-67 sitting behind the garage. He sold it, don’t know what became of it, but it was just north of you in Trenton MI.

13. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Thanks 31A. I know there are a few of them in the area. In the past I've had a chance to buy a completed one w/ SBC from a co-worker who got disgusted when someone shot at it. Regrettably I passed due to lack of finances. I also found a Prefect ex-race car in decrepit condition nearby in somebody's back yard. Passed on that. The blue one came from another co-worker and the Attic Anglia came from a friend of another co-worker in Canton. Before putting the front clip on I took my neighbor for a ride and it is noticeably quicker off the line from the 240 that was in there. I'm expecting 13 second e.t.s.
    I've got my fingers crossed on the 3 x 1 Carters on the 243 motor. I hope it will work OK and not be too much carb. I will get it started on the test stand and try to dial it in a little better before putting it in storage until needed. Of course there is not a lot that can be done without subjecting it to G loads. I'll try to get it to idle well and get the accelerator pumps close.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022