Register now to get rid of these ads!

!! Attention Minnesota Are HAMBers !! Hot Rod Barbeque Year 10 !!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by koachwerks, Jul 31, 2012.

1. koachwerks

koachwerks

Introducing the 10th and final Hot Rod Barbeque!

After an awesome decade of having you join us for Bloomington's best backyard bbq/car show it's time to hang up the hat. While we've enjoyed every moment of it and are blessed to have made so many new friends, it's time to kick back, relax, and maybe let someone else take over the tradition. Any takers?

This year will be the same as in the past, Thelma and I will provide the main dish of pulled pork sandwiches, drinks, music, and our yard. All you have to do is invite your pals, bring a side dish and a lawn chair, and enjoy the day. It's a family affair, so bring the kids too!

When: Saturday, August 18
    Time: 3:00 PM Rain or Shine
    What to Bring: Lawn Chair and a Side Dish to Share (bring an old car too if you have one)
    Cost: FREE
    Where: Come to the intersection of Old Shakopee Rd and Beard Avenue in Bloomington. You'll see us! PM me for more specific directions if needed

We typically get about 35-55 cars and average around 150 people. If you've always thought about coming but never did, this is the time to do it! No more excuses!

Hope to see you on the 18th!
    Chris

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  2. Scotch

Scotch

We will totally be there (again) - and Scotch's Hot Rod Chili may be joined by Ace's Chipotle/Scotch (not me...the whisky) BBQ sauce. My pal Scott (with the crazy 4x4) is making his own sauce now and it's pretty awesome.

Can't wait to see you all!

3. Can't wait to see everyone again! It'll be the longest trip that the 50 will take this year.

4. ALLISON

ALLISON

Hey.... Im a now a Minnesota HAMBer... this thread is for me isnt it?... Think i might have to check this out:)

5. bryan6902

bryan6902

Busy weekend, but I won't be wiring someone else's car, so the odds are fairly good I can make it this time.

6. koachwerks

koachwerks

Scotch - can't wait to see you and the family again. Your chili always goes so fast! You making an extra batch? ;-)

Bob - it'll be nice to see the new car. I hope you have all the bugs sorted out and she doesn't leave you stranded somewhere on 94!

Mr. Allison - yes, my wife and I decided to run the BBQ just one more year for you. You're obligated to come!

Bryan - I'm glad you'll be able to make out at least once. I think it should be on everyone's bucket list this year!

7. koachwerks

koachwerks

Bryan, are you planning to bring the '57 Poncho??! PLEASE!!!

8. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Im in ! I will talk to my Dad and see if we can bring the 53'? is that cool?

9. Beau

Beau

I know a bunch of us Delinquents plan to be there.

10. koachwerks

koachwerks

Yes, bring the 53!

Beau, awesome!

Sounds like we might be able to break the 55 car mark that we set a few years ago. Keep on spreading the word!

11. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

Hey Chris just to confirm i'll miss the Last BBQ will be in Chicago
    it's been a GREAT event you put on all these years

12. koachwerks

koachwerks

It's always been a pleasure having you join us, and your beans have always been a hit. Hope you enjoy your time in Chicago

Chris

13. Scotch

Scotch

I made as much chili as will fit in my crock pot. That's a lot- but ya, I don't expect to bring any home.

I made it the way I like it this year, so it's a little warmer than it's been at previous BBQs. Pussies need not apply. It won't hurt you, but you'll notice it.

I think it's perfect, but I also think a 550 hp station wagon is perfect with another 150 hp in the bottle, so understand the source of the opinion...

14. koachwerks

koachwerks

Bring it on!

15. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Looks like me, my dad and my ford will hopefully be there! Very excited.

16. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

Damn... I'll be out of town. I had a great time last year !

17. blinddaddykarno

blinddaddykarno

When: Saturday, August 18
    Time: 3:00 PM Rain or Shine
    What to Bring: Lawn Chair and a Side Dish to Share (bring an old car too if you have one)
    Cost: FREE
    Where: PM me for directions

We typically get about 35-55 cars and average around 150 people. If you've always thought about coming but never did, this is the time to do it! No more excuses!

Hope to see you on the 18th!
    Chris
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Chris, I've wanted to come, but have never made it. Since this is the last time, would love to! One problem, no cool ride ready! Everything is still a project, ok to come in a civilian car??

Brian

<!-- / sig -->

18. koachwerks

koachwerks

Jason, glad you can make it. You won't be disappointed.

Badfun, sure thing!

Falconman, too bad you can't join us. Feel free to stop by anytime. Maybe we can go for a cruise.

Brian, plenty of people come without a car! Just come on down and bring the family. You'll have a great time!

19. TinShed

TinShed

It would be fun to stop buy, I will see what I can do.

Tim

20. koachwerks

koachwerks

Tim, it would be great to have you come over!

I just received news tonight that a long time participant of the HRBBQ will be smoking about 45 pounds of pork for us and will be making a chipotle BBQ sauce. What an awesome gesture! This is going to be a great final Barbeque!

Chris

21. torchlight

torchlight
    from Minnesota

Would this be a good event to attend if I would like to talk to folks and get recommendations for a good shop in the Minnesota area that could do a rebuild of a 53 Chevy truck? I'm not really a "car guy" and have never really run in "car guy" circles, but I've got this old truck that I'd really like to send off to a shop (along with my checkbook) and have someone that knows what they are doing fix it up properly. However, I'm not a native Minnesotan and I have NO IDEA how to find shops like this in the area or which shops are worth putting my trust in.

22. koachwerks

koachwerks

Torchlight,

Most of us do our own work so I couldn't guarantee that you would get a good shop recommendation. I'm sure someone here on the HAMB could name a good place for you. Good luck!

Chris

23. Hoping to make it again this year. Wish I had the room to take over, but I'm afraid I don't.

torchlight
    The MSRA newsletter, "The Linechaser" has lots of good advertisements of suitable shops. I will bring a copy to the Barbeque that you can have if you show up.

24. Crap! Kids and I will be outta town, hitting the cabin for the last time this summer before school starts. Thanks for all your work over the years Chris and Thelma, the show has always been a great time!!

25. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

26. koachwerks

koachwerks

Four days and a wakeup! Mmmm, I can almost taste the BBQ now...

63Biscuit - Sorry to hear you can't make it, but quality time with the family at the cabin comes first!

27. koachwerks

koachwerks

Just a few days to go.

How about a role call?

28. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Pretty sure me and my Dad will be there.

29. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

Sounds like a good time. I wish I could go maybe next year.

30. koachwerks

koachwerks

Less than 24 hours!