Register now to get rid of these ads!

attention in the pits:ohio gasser/nostalgia reunion dates!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by quickrod, Nov 24, 2003.

1. quickrod

quickrod

ok gang,just got the revised dates for the 3rd annual nostalgia reunion at our neighbor hood track,the imfamous thompson drag raceway.its on july 16,17&18th.im tellin ya,if you like gassers and ol skool dragsters and stuff you've GOT to try to make this.last year we had such greats as:barb hamilton{NHRA's first women licensed to drive a supercharged car,shirley muldowney is full of shit.}k.s. pittman,ohio george,big john mazmanian,bones balough,chuck finders,s&s boys,and many others.hell,big daddy himself made a cameo last year.curly and i have been to everyone so far,and the get better every year.we have a very good freind who works the tree,and lets us stand on the line.last year we got to see 2 5 second nitro coupes make side by side passes from the line,itROCKED!hopefully some of you HAMBer's will come in,we can make it an "ohio" getogether if anyone is interested.let me know and curly and i can put something together,its early enough to make plans so come on wid it!!

2. 201

Was the Prising/Lucas car there in '03 ?

3. quickrod

quickrod

yes,if your refering to john loukas,i could"nt remember his name,my dad introduced me to him,quess he knew me as a little kid runnin around a old speedshop he and my dad hungout at years ago. he's got a real kool untouched front motored car.

4. AHotRod

AHotRod

I have been to both of the Thompson Gasser events.
    You should try and make it if your in the area, but I traveled from Florida to be there!
    Glenn Hayes
    Champion Spark Plugs

5. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

is that the same weekend as goodguys? i hope not, probably is though. decisions, decisions...

6. Yep this is a good one!
    Hope to see the folks we met at the Ohio junkyard sweep there...plus a few that wanted to come but didn't make it.

I can help set up room reservations with local hotels for those travelling a distance. I'm sure that we (Quickrod and I) can organize some type of get together. This track is in our backyard. Would be a cool place to hold the NorthCoast Hamb Drags (if you get my subtle hint).

Would be neat to get together with other HAMB members and then do a local car cruise after the drags anyone of those days. Got a few in the area on those nights. The car scene here is not So-Cal by a long shot (primer and red wheels are just now showing up) but it is alive and something different. Hell even Super K-mart gets into it here by letting us use ther parking lot. The mayor in the next town set up a car cruise at the City Hall that has grown quite a bit...That Dennis guy with the big mustache was at that show last year!

If people want I can set up maps for people that want to explore the greater Cleveland area...Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame, Science Center, we even got a little town on the lake that is a throwback to the '70's (arcades, putt-putt, restaraunts, hotdog stands and even a disco joint!!) For those of you that want I even know of a joint that caters to Goth/Vampire/Punkrockers. I know of a place that looks more like a S&M joint than a bar.

7. quickrod

quickrod

chromedrat,im not sure,but i do know they changed the dates of this once already because they did'nt want to conflict with other events,wather or not goodguys is one of them,i don't know,but i'll check. try to to make it thogh,it's a blast!!

8. quickrod

quickrod

just checked my dec. issue of goodguys,the columbus dates are 9-10&11th of july,so your golden dude!! [​IMG]

9. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

no, goodguys is the week before. we'll be there. and the gasser date change was to not interfer with the Blue Suede Cruise at Norwalk. we'll also be there. (damn, now I confused myself--hope I got them all right). Plus those Dave&Ed's guys are taking over the HotRod Super Nats since it split(thank god! it sucked) from Canfield(10mins. away). did this help? holyshit, wheres the Tylenol

p.s. I plan on making the gasser meet at least one day with the 53

10. quickrod

quickrod

grumpy let curly or i know which day your coming so we can hook up. [​IMG]

11. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

will do! It'll be most of the guys in our club. We're all aiming for the Choppers show at the end of mar04 now. busy,busy......

12. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

suminahbitch! july is gonna rock. goodguys nostalgia drags, goodguys, this here drag race and the leadsleds! you guys better make it to lancaster for the leadsled spctacular, dammit.

13. quickrod

quickrod

chromedRAT,when and were is this ledsled thing?i"d check that out for sure,gimme dates.....outy...quickrod

14. Crease

Crease

Man that sounds like a blast.

I'll have to look for a good excuse to go to Mentor. [​IMG]

15. quickrod

quickrod

crease,we got a hooters,that work?

16. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

yeah, forgot about lancaster! damn....my wife won't be happy! [​IMG]

17. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

the leadsled spectacular usually makes for the best HAMB meet in ohio because it results in a bitchin BBQ. NOT to be missed. last year was at skipstitch's house, a DAMNED good time. not sure of the exact dates. i would GUESS the 29th? it's usually at the end of july, but it may also be the 22nd or so. the lancaster, OH guys would know.

18. John B

John B

The Leadsled show in Lancaster is July 22 thru July 25,2004

19. Crease

Crease

Yes indeedy I believe a visit to the Mentor Hooters is in order.

20. quickrod

quickrod

man,i love it when a plan comes together.i'm tellin ya,we'll have a blast.i'll talk to jim the track manager, im sure he'll let us stand on the starting line for a few passes. [​IMG]