Register now to get rid of these ads!

attaching window channel/anti-rattler?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SquashThatFly, May 1, 2008.

1. SquashThatFly

SquashThatFly

2. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I drilled tiny holes and used stainless picture hanging wire, and relieved the felt so it sits down in it.

3. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Get all of the old staples out and place the "fuzzy" where you want it. Then drill through the "fuzzy" using the original holes as a guide.Fit the staples to the holes,squeeze the staple tight,then bend over the legs of the staple with some needle nose pliers. It is a real pain in the ass to do!!

4. Go to the Ace and get some tiny I think 34 stainless scres. Use the staple holes as a guide and drill to correct size. Screw the screw down tight and the fuzz will cover the screw head. On the inside garnish molding turn it over and cut the screw off with the wiss wheel. I do this on a regular basis on tri 5's and dit the same on my 36. Be sure you have the right size phillips tip for the screw. Piece of cake.

5. junkmonger

junkmonger

Take the old staples out and use black silicone (sparingly). Hold it on with masking tape until it dries, then take the masking tape back off. I installed the garnish moldings while it was still wet, but then you have to take 'em back off after it dries to get the masking tape out. works real well, and if you're careful, you can't see any adhesive.

6. I do just like 325w,,works like a charm

7. WORD. This idea works best, also if you ever have to do it over, makes life much easier.-MIKE:cool: