Register now to get rid of these ads!

Att : Shaky Puddin' re Nostalgia Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mark Yac, Feb 11, 2007.

1. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

1/8th, or 1/4? My money's on Mr. Puddin' in the 1/8. That double nickel hooks up hard.

Let's see some pics and info. on this Anglia.

2. jerry

jerry

I guess I'll have to show up for this one! The weekend before the Round Up too.

jerry

3. We run the full quarter mile for all the classes except the stoplight drags (1/8th mile)
    I need to correct one thing. The Anglia is a big block, but usually doesn't make it down the full quarter under power. I might have to go with Shaky for the consistency.

4. jerry

jerry

I got to see Shaky put down a really nice run at the last drags! He was into the 9's! A nice full pass.

jerry

5. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

I'm going with Tim Bennick's Anglia that thing is fast, I'll try to get some pics of it and post them. Were going to have a good time, I'm going to be presenting awards of recognition to some of Arizona's Hotrod Pioneers - Ron Olmstead - Don Marks and a few more. We'll be presenting the awards out on the track, then letting them make a pass if they want too. I've talked to Howard of the Rattlers about a match race between his early Olds V8 Cragar blown 49 Olds Fastback Gasser & my 49 Chevy Fleetline Gasser 455 Olds, I'm thrashing to get mine finished by March 24th, come hell or high water it'll make it. Jerry with the Sinners could you please PM me so I can get a phone # I need to talk with you.

6. gasser52

gasser52
    BANNED

Can i get some info on what kind of engine , trans and rearend are in that car??

7. Mike

Mike

8. MilesM

MilesM

I hope ShakeyPuddin55 is OK. I heard he was in a dirt bike accident this weekend.

9. Shakey's OK. He'll be wearing a neck brace for a few months though.

Anybody want to see a hired gun at the wheel of Shakey's car?

Let's let him know that we want to see that awesome 55 next month on the 24th.

10. Man wish I could see a match up with that Anglia. I think Shaky's car is one of my favorite HAMB cars hands down. I think someone whould do a vintage 60's style "Support Shaky Puddin" T-Shirt, I'd buy at least 2! Glad to hear he is doing ok after the MC mishap.....

11. SERPENT

SERPENT

SHAKEY ,i hope your ok we will be there to support you ,the anglia should BEWARE..

12. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

Hey Serpent. If Tim can hold that Anglia straight its going to be a great match up. It looks like I'm going to have my 455 OLDS straight axel 49 Chevy Fleetline finished to have a match race with Howard of the RATTLERS's 49 OLDS we're gona have a great time. talk to ya later SPIKE.

13. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Hey guys,
    Sorry but I dont think we will be able to make it. I'm on light duty and even though I wouldn't drive, it's still a lot of work getting the car ready, loading, trailering, etc.

I had a very close brush with paralysis on my neck injury and I need to follow my doctors orders and take it easy.

Hopefully we will be ready to run in the fall.

Thanks for the nice words and I hope you all have a great time out there!

14. rebarsfords

rebarsfords

Shakey, you don't know me, but my best wishes to you.
    Take care & git yerself better. We all want to see you & that
    mean machine back at it!

15. shagg'n

shagg'n

Shakey-go easy brother,do what doc says,and live to thrash that chebby some more!Love that car!:cool: