Register now to get rid of these ads!

Atlanta Summit Car Cruise

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50 Ford 1963, Sep 28, 2007.

1. This Monday, October 1st they are having their Ford/Mercury theme night. I was wondering if anyone was planning on going. I've seen posts about their cruise ins before and know how most people feel about them :mad:, so a simple yes or no answer will be fine.

2. tpw35

tpw35

3. roadracer

roadracer

yeah, haven't been for a while

4. What time? I need to go down there and return some stuff. If the store is still open at 8 PM I could make it. That would be cool. I have never been to the store.

5. Tudor,
    They're open from 9 till 9 seven days a week. I have no idea what time their cruise in starts, I would guess sometime around 5:30 or 6:00.

6. I may see you Monday night.

7. CMenard

CMenard

I should be there as well. Now that the weather has cooled off the turnout is better.

Curtis

8. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Hey Josh,
    I'll caravan down there with you. I should go there and hand out fliers for the swap meet.

-Brad

9. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Their normal cruise-in hours are 6-8 pm.

10. Well ya'll look for me then, I'll be the one with the wife and kids complaining about having to stay for more than a half an hour... I should be easy to spot.

11. roadracer

roadracer

no you won't; they all do that. :D

12. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

primer gray '62 Suburban.
    I'll be handing out fliers for my swap meet.

Probably wearing a YearOne shirt just to tweak the guys at Summit!
    -Brad

13. ill see if i can make it with the gal.

14. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Might see you clowns there.......I have the choice off days of Mon.,Tues. this month.

15. slamdpup

slamdpup

cool ..might actualy get to meet some of you cats...i will be the one in the wheelchair crusin around

16. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Wearing the T-shirt that "I was shot in the head...and I'm STILL smarter than you!" right?
    :)

-Brad

17. slamdpup

slamdpup

hey i forgot about that..i got that short term memory loss shit

18. BigMikeC

BigMikeC

I'll be there. A Ford or Merc is the theme at my house, so I can contribute to the cause.

19. roadracer

roadracer

should be cool. I went for weeks at the beginning of the season to meet up with mates, but only ever found one hamber hotrodwalt. gotta try and catch more of you this time..

20. Tacson

Tacson

If you guys see anyone talking about having some 53-56 Ford F100 truck parts get their info and PM please? thanks

21. Damn, this turned out better than I thought it would when I first posted it. I'm looking forward to getting to meet some of you guys I see posting here every day.

So, for someone who has never been to one of these cruise ins, what's it like? Is there open parking or do they have people parking you? Do they have a designated parking area for the "theme" vehicles each week?

22. roadracer

roadracer

yes, theme cars get the front row, everyone else parks anywhere. regular cars of course get seperate area

23. im washing the gal and on my way. see ya there

24. roadracer

roadracer

walt, curtis, good to meet you guys again. cool to meet the infamous slamdpup at last, stealthcruiser and I even caught a glimpse of bigmikec :D

I knew walt's merc would be a cool place to hang out on merc night..shame there's only one..

25. hopefully ill have some competion for walt as soon as my merc hits the road. but for now ill just have to cruize in the galaxie. great to meet some of you and got to see others again. curtis, big mike, and walt, hope to see ya hangin around the shop soon, always welcome. chad

26. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I got on the highway headed South, and traffic was at a standstill. I went one exit down from YearOne, turned around and went back home to watch my kid's baseball game. Should have handed out fliers, but the traffic made an hour and a half trip there more like over 2 hours. And that was only to go one exit! So I pussed out. Next time I'll cut out of work earlier!

-Brad

27. slamdpup

slamdpup

28. slamdpup

slamdpup

damn brad we missed each other again..not my fault this time..lol..

29. tylerb

tylerb

i wish i wasnt stuck up her in VA at college im going to the show a commerce on saturday thou