Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical ATK Engines

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51504bat, May 22, 2020.

1. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Been checking around for a set of Hedman 88400 headers to use with the 302 I'm putting in my '54 Ranch Wagon. ATK High Performance Engines in Texas has them in stock for a better price than Summit or Jegs with free shipping. Has anyone used them for engine parts? I did a search and found some good things about their crate engines but couldn't find anything about just parts. Thanks in advance for any experiences with them, good or bad.

2. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can't speak to their parts/accessories but have had crap luck with their engines and warranty people. I bought one of their crate motors and installed it in an OT car in November, had lots of issues that led to another engine being sent out, here it is May and it still isn't right.

51504bat likes this.
  3. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Went ahead and pulled the pin. Got an email confirmation so hoping for no issues.

4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I must be missing something here. If they are Hedman brand, and that brand suits you, what is your worry about buying them from ATK?

Ray

5. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just checking to see if anyone had problems in the past. Yes they are the correct part by Hedman so there shouldn't be any issues. But others have had issues with other vendors so I thought I'd check since I've never ordered from them before.

Hnstray likes this.