Register now to get rid of these ads!

Atco Raceway Yesteryear drags 10-14-07

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Goldy, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Goldy

Goldy

The Philadelphia Modifiers is a hot rod club that has been in existance since 1955. Each year they put on two old time drag races at the old Atco dragway in New Jersey. I decided to take my old dragster on Oct. 14th as I usually take my Funnycar. The dragster is a 1965 Logghe 144" wheelbase AA/FD. I have been running this car as a period correct car since before there were nostalgia races. I remember going to Englishtown with stack injectors on it and a load of Nitro in the tank back in the seventies. The attitude was what are you doing here with this old piece? I just wanted to burn some nitro and make some runs, they did'nt get it then. I ran it in the 80's and 90's winning the ESTA championship and winning Top Fuel at Maple Grove at the Good Guys event there in 93. The car has been garaged ever since. I restored it again for Atco and here are some pictures of "Good Vibrations "AA/FD and the Atco event. Also a picture of "Good Vibrations" funnycar taken the year before. Goldy
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Goldy

Goldy

I am so sorry folks, I thought I was posting pictures. Instead I can see that I was posting Egyption Hyroglifics. They looked great when I posted them from photobucket. I guess I have sniffed too many nitro fumes over the years. I can tell you how to build a flathead, or how to build a nailhead, or how to build a hemi-head engine, but I can't figure out a fu%%%%% computer to save my ass. Goldy

3. V7

V7

Hey Goldy,
    Love the rail...its great to see an old unbutchered car that is
    period correct.Can you give us anymore details concerning the
    cars' history like original owner,where it was run and performance
    milestones ?
    We were thinking about purchasing an old updated fed car to
    run as a junior fueler . Could you shed any light on what the
    operating costs might be ?We know its not cheap,just wondering
    how expensive.Thanks.

Regards,

Steve (V7)

4. smartyjones

smartyjones
    from Ivyland

I think I figured out how to do this Goldy:

Attached Files:

5. ryangobie

ryangobie
    from Jersey

when you post photobucket images you have to delete that last part with the ?t=321789432 off the links