Register now to get rid of these ads!

Astros or chrome reverse on this?? need opinions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jerry Reed, Nov 19, 2006.

1. rasputin

rasputin
    from Chicago

A 60 Edsel is a very rare and strange creature. I'm really glad to see that you're giving it "the treatment"

I don't think you could go wrong with either choice so I'll add another variation to the pile.

Medium or wide whites on chrome reverse with cheater slicks.

...and as always, stance is the key to success.

Good luck.

2. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

this has the makings of a bitchen car

3. raaf

raaf
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

black steel + bullets + beauty rings + skinny whites.

4. ASTROS AND RED BANDS..........it has to be...did i mention you could do with some flake too!!

5. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Chrome steel wheels with-

1. 2" whitewalls
    2. dual-pinner whitewalls
    3. redline tires

Don't be skeered. I can break out the PS if necessary.

6. Jerry Reed

Jerry Reed

I thought about flakin' the roof, but decided to go with a soft pearl white instead to match the interior. I want it to be a smooth mild custom, and not have the roof overpower the rest of the car. I'm using my best restraint on this car to keep it as close to stock as I can and still have it look bitchin. I don't want to shave trim or do a bunch of body mods since it's 1 of only 242 2 door hardtops ever made. I would feel bad changing this one a bunch. It's going to get a custom interior, a killer stance, and the Astros. The rest of the car will be left pretty much stock except the 292 Y block now has duals w/ glass packs.

7. Squablow

Squablow

Redlines would look pretty cool on there with the Astros. Or Vogues with the gold stripe and the white stripe.

I wouldn't shave any of the trim either. There's no trim on that car that looks out of place. And you could always go back to stock height and stock wheels if you changed your mind later on. I'd keep all the original seat upholstery and door panel skins, even if they're junk, as a reference if you do new upholstery in it.

8. Mr. Dirtbag2you

Mr. Dirtbag2you

Astros w/skinny whites. Lake pipes.