Register now to get rid of these ads!

Assembly Line Video Of 55 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ORGANGRINDER, Nov 21, 2007.

1. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

I FOUND SOME COOL VIDEO OF THE BUILDING OF A 55 CHEVY. EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE 55 CHEVYS (SEE VIDEO OF SHAKEYPUDDIN55 FOR THERAPY) THERE'S ALOT IN THE BACKGROUND TO LOOK AT. HOPE YOU ENJOY.
    http://www.fiftiesfinestv.info/1955howtoindex.html

reggie

2. 19Fordy

19Fordy

QUIZ TIME: How many HAMBERS ever used a slide rule? Just imagine..
    no CNC or CAD.

3. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

ya...those guys were something....had to think. and that's why i enjoy looking at alot of the stuff you guys build cause i know you been doin some thinkin. i know you gotta do some thinking on the cnc too, but... boy o.s.h.a. and some of those guys sure would've had a hay day.

reggie

4. i have and still own one! i bought it at fred flintstone's garage sale.:D :D

5. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I still have the slide rule I used in high school. I was talking to my oldest son about school and computers on day and pulled it out and showed him the calculator I used. I keep it out in my shop and use to figure displacement, gear ratios/rpms, compression ratios etc.... I'm sure the grand kids will get a kick out of it too someday.

6. BELLM

BELLM

Still got my sliderule and the case , used to clip to my belt. Can you spell nerd. I have the manual that came with it but haven't used it in almost 40 years .

7. kopis

kopis

I too, still have my slide rule. I will use it once in a while.

8. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

ya know...not to hi-jack this thread...but that staement has bothered me for a LONG time since ive been on this site...

i dont understand how ANYONE can consider themselves a hotroder and not dig 55-57 chevys....when ever someone says that here in the HAMB i first think,,they must be a newbie,,or they are trying to be COOL,......

9. scrape

scrape

10. squirrel

squirrel

I like how the first two parts of the movie show how to build a 54 chevy, then in the last part it magically turns into a 55. I guess we're not supposed to noticed they used last year's footage :)

11. Dirty2

Dirty2

Too cool !! Thanks.

12. WanderAlone

WanderAlone
    from Arizona

theres a fella n the "bay" that sells those assembly line videos. i just picked up the building of a 36 gmc. well see how it turns out. he has an online store if anyones interested

13. The Shocker

The Shocker

14. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

IT'S NOT ME !!!! I LOVE 55-57'S. MY 1ST RUNNING CAR WAS A 55 2DR WAGON. I BOUGHT IT FOR $150.00 WITH MY PAPER ROUTE MONEY WHEN I WAS 15. I THOUGHT I WAS THERE BABY!! I NOW HAVE A 55 NOMAD. I BOUGHT MY COUPE (JUST THE BODY) WHEN I WAS 14. IT'S KINDA 2 DIFFERENT HOTRODS TO ME.
    I JUST REALLY SAID THAT TO BOTHER THE FORD GUYS. I COULDN'T IMAGINE A REAL HOTRODDER NOT LIKIN A 55 CHEVY!

REGGIE

15. Judd

Judd

Interesting movie but it will never work, without the cheap labor provided by free trade nobody will be able to afford those cars.

16. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

I SAW THAT FRONT END FROM THE 54 GOING TOGETHER. IT DIDN'T
    REALLY HIT ME TILL LATER IT WAS A 54. THAT'S FUNNY, NOTHING GETS BY ON THE H.A.M.B.!!!

REGGIE

17. Custom54

Custom54

Very cool thanks

18. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

I love things like this...