Register now to get rid of these ads!

History As They Were...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Jungle Jalopy

Jungle Jalopy

Excellent! Forest Service guy...the pet fox mystery...Okies on the move. It looks like the inside of my mind.

2. eddie1

eddie1

Great topic! And welcome back Boss!

3. If by "so far on the beach" you mean close to the water, I would guess that more than one car got sucked up by the soft sand and surf so they decided to put up cones for a travel lane. Once that surf starts to undermine a car, it doesn't take long for it to sink in the sand.

[​IMG]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20745656@N00/182813946/

lothiandon1940 and Model T1 like this.
  4. catdad49

catdad49

Thanks Ryan, every time I see pics like this I wonder if I was born a little too late. Doesn't everyone what a little 'foxy' thing at least once in their life? Love the Studie in one of the pics, not another car is a cool as this thing! Cat

5. autobilly

autobilly

A couple of EK Holdens in their natural setting.:D
    [​IMG]

6. autobilly

autobilly

Coolangatta beach 1940 (some 50 years before Wintersun).
    [​IMG]

7. dad-bud

dad-bud

There's a thread on here with over 57,000 posts with lots and lots of cars being shown in their natural setting, and Ryan has decided to start another one.
    Am I missing something - why not just post the pics on the Days Gone By thread? It has to be one of the most successful threads ever, anywhere - getting on for 13 millions views.
    OK, I know it's his forum (well, and everyone else's too, but he started it (thanks Ryan)) but surely there is something else that could have been the subject.........?

Model T1 likes this.
  8. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

It's not everybody's forum....it's Ryans.

9. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=17727# This pic is cool for alot of reasons, innocence of the time it was taken. Barebones truck in the background. Kids having fun, not a safety pad in sight. Wipeout? dust youself off go again. I recently gave my granddaughters a low speed ride in the back of my daily driver '69 shortbox Ford pickup to the back 40 acrerage to climb up in my deerstand. And my youngest granddaughter (3 year old) just thought that was the coolest thing and every old truck she sees now is papa's truck, she wants to ride in back. My parents would take us and the neighbor kids to the lake hot summer days after chores and riding in back you were dry of before you got home. While we need to keep our kids safe, some things get lost.
    Picture didn't copy over from Ryan's original post, but it showed kids on skateboards with the truck in the background.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    Model T1 likes this.
  10. Ryan started this thread because he could. Just as you or I can start new threads with specific content in mind.

I haven't looked at the Vintage shots from days gone by! thread in a year or more.

Why?

Problem one, that thread has 57,000+ posts
    Problem two, that thread has 2879 pages.
    Problem three, that threads content is a free for all.

11. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OT but this dude rode in on a 12" shell :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stogy likes this.
  12. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Love these shots too.. Especially when watching movies that are set in past years. I couldn't imagine seeing '50's and '60's cars daily that are being treated just as they are - transportation. Not some garage jewel or museum piece.

The "regular" modes of transportation today are eyesores compared to these.

General Flopsyy and Model T1 like this.
  13. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I have this picture as my screen saver to remind me where I was a couple weeks ago in the same era car.

14. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Here's one of an original photo print I collected and have hanging on my wall. Not really future hot rod or custom material though. I couldn't get a good scan of it for some reason but the actual photo is very nice and crisp. Something about the composition of it with the 2 men and just the generic word "gasoline" written on the side of the tank - and of course being a Studebaker truck.

[​IMG]

15. mgbtc

mgbtc

Here are some pictures of my wifes grandfather.

16. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

R1.jpg r2.jpg R3.jpg R4.jpg R5.jpg R6.jpg R7.jpg R8.jpg R9.jpg R10.jpg R11.jpg R12.jpg R13.jpg R14.jpg R15.jpg

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
    Stogy, beanheadjr and quick85 like this.
  17. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

[​IMG]

Wow this picture is great! And I have that skate board in my garage!

kbgreen, Stogy and quick85 like this.
  18. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

19. snaptwo

snaptwo

WOW !! All great but #18 on Fremont St.(glitter gulch) was a real flashback for this "kid". We cruised it on the weekends to find out where the action was,checking out the chicks, parties, fast out of town cars. It was a natural as there was a circle park at M ain st . just in front of the Union Pacific depot. Now occupied by the Union Plaza. They put a canopy over the whole damn street , shut off traffic and screwed up big time !!

20. truckjim

truckjim

Thanks for the great photos. Now I've got two new screen shots. Cars on the beach and two hot rods going at it!

21. BOMONSTER

BOMONSTER

Outstanding. Absolutely outstanding! Thanks for sharing part of your image directory Ryan.

22. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

r18.jpg r19.jpg r16.jpg push.jpg jalopy 3.jpg r17.jpg photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg photo 3.jpg photo 5.jpg photo 6.jpg photo 8.jpg photo 10.jpg photo 11.jpg photo 13.jpg [​IMG]</a>

Stogy likes this.
  23. Love the cross-eyed Crosley @ the drags.

Stogy likes this.
  24. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

boots.jpg peek.jpg signs.jpg tunnel.jpg wedding.jpg engine trouble.jpg scrap rubber.jpg photo 7.jpg girls.jpg 6pak.jpg 1958 kids.jpg carbs.jpg cool  shirt.jpg dog.jpg fire hose.jpg [​IMG]</a>

Stogy likes this.
  25. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

great pick!