Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods As the season starts to wind down what's next?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Mad Mikey and Crown Royal for me.LOL. Bruce.

2. While the "events" season comes to a wind down, I try to drive mine year round, with the exception being when snow is on the ground.

I'm hoping that I can finally get around to pulling the 221 flatty out of the stake truck and put the 286 in it. It's got a 3 3/8 bore and a Merc crank, some old Offy heads, and a new Offy regular dual intake. Man, it was loud when I fired it up in the garage with no exhaust manifolds on it.

J. A. Miller and LOU WELLS like this.
  3. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

That's what I'm talking about!

There are still a few shows to hit like Jalopyrama and the annual Toys for Tots run at Wayne's Speed Shop.

I do have a number of projects in the hopper though. Slowly but surely I've been working through the '59 Edsel build I have going on. (can be seen here http://jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/custom-1959-edsel-ranger-build-finally-back-at-it.1027346/ ). I also have been putting a new gas tank in my 57 after I hit some road debris a couple weeks ago and punched a hole through the front of the old one. Unfortunately, that car has been in need of some mechanical TLC for a while now, and I haven't put a dime into it in at least 7 years. I have a new transmission to go in to replace the leaky Torqueflight, and I will probably tear down and replace rings and bearings on the 383 that's in there to hold off a real engine build for a few more years.

4. Just sold my Minnesota lake home and a new home is being built for me in River Falls, WI. the Model A (avatar) is going in storage next week, been a very, very busy time!!
    DSCN9532.JPG

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    dana barlow, LOU WELLS and Chucky like this.
  5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Number one thing on the plan is to retire from this job so I have time to work on my projects. Then get the roadster together so I can take it to a few events. That one isn't even close to being a money pit as the tires will probably be the biggest part of the investment in the whole build. The quantity of pieces in the sheds may be a lot lower when I am done though.
    I am probably creating a monster with the trip to Trog Pismo version next week as Jean will no doubt decide that works well with her annual need to go to where you have sand, saltwater and sunsets. That may be a good thing if the roadster passes muster to qualify.
    Not a lot of other plans except to work on the projects a lot more, take more sunrise and sunset photos and improve on my car event photos. I'm long past the stage where I feel I have to go to a car event every weekend just because there is one going on and tend to be far more selective on the ones I go to.

6. LOL The only thing that bad weather (snow, rain and etc.)has any effect on around here is the weekenders. The rest of us drive and or ride year around.

7. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake
    from Jax, FL

For me, this is the time of year to go out in the garage not shut it down. Without AC, every unpainted thing you touch rusts from all the sweat, summer sucks here unless you are at the beach or in the pool. Once the temp gets below or around 85 degrees it's not too bad to work, humidity is the killer here.

8. I'm settled into my new house and starting to tear into my new ride. I don't even have a work bench yet! Life is good.
    image.jpeg

enloe, 1927graham and LOU WELLS like this.
  9. Well...after 7 months in Russia back home since end of August...managed to test drive the 34, couple of weeks to finish a lot of details, still don't have fenders from paint after being there 8 weeks!!! [​IMG]

Also , we finished the 50 pickup truck, a couple of weeks for wiring, emergency brakes, all sheet metal, hood install and adjust...great progress...[​IMG]

Today new carb, tuneup on 33, and on the way to Bowling Green next week for the nostalgia drags....one of best event I've ever attended, great location, great drive...so my season just started HRP.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

dana barlow and LOU WELLS like this.
  10. Chuck, you just can't go wrong with a post car, good choice, we'll get together next year.

Chucky likes this.
  11. Jeff J

Jeff J

Made it to Lonestar Bayou round up Tuesday and driving around in the 3 winder copper coupe with the wife ! We did a air boat ride yesterday out in the Henderson swamp with Bob K. and his wife !

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I'm struggling to end the year with a rolling chassis. So far, I'm on target.

LOU WELLS, dana barlow and Chucky like this.
  13. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I had a complete knee in December and for the most part it is doing well. If I am in the woods walking a lot or standing all day it will hurt some that evening or maybe swell a bit. It is a ton better than it was.

We are getting ready to head to Bowling Green for the Goodguys show next week.
    After that it will be time to get back to work on this one. It is cleaner now and up on jack stands with brake pieces laying all around it.
    DSCN5517.jpg
    The wagon hopefully will get some new front and rear springs and bushings this winter also. DSCN3969.JPG

LOU WELLS likes this.
  14. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

in the host club the Fastiques for the Pumpkin Run, 3 days and 2556 cars, worked my butt off, and we wil have given 1 million dollars to the Shrine Hospitals for Children......then mama Vicki Nova Took a little 900 mile trip to Cruising the Coast, in Gulfport MS.....our 2nd year....also did many other shows, LIFE is short, and at 52, I am doing all I can, there will be time ti rest when I am dead! This week in Hamilton, Ohio, Tri-City Drag Car Revue, see ya THERE....or be Square!

CTC
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    FCA Nationals

http://s219.photobucket.com/user/falconwagon62/media/2016 FCA Nationals/20160713_201117.jpg.html

Pumpkin Run....our Falcon area

[​IMG]

LOU WELLS likes this.
  15. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What is this sea sun you speak of? I only know the one in the sky.

16. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

South Florida,so if the winds not blowing too hard and the rain stops, we have events all year. I do have a project that is coming along very slowly,other then my 28A hotrod,an house up keep. Its a Hubmobil roadster hotrod,the pile of parts for that gets bigger every now an then. Really need to sell or trade off some extra classic motors I have a few too many FE big block Fords,an small block Ford 5.0s

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    enloe likes this.
  17. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well made it back from Bowling Green GG show this past weekend and yep the wagon is definitely going to get some new suspension pieces this winter.
    I have posted a bunch of pics from the trip to the thread that is linked in my signature

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Bought this '39 Ford cab at Hershey and have worked on it every night since I got home. Really nice solid South Dakota rust free cab. Should I start another build thread? Bob DSCF5217.JPG

LOU WELLS likes this.